Buster's Uncle

Taking requests...

308 posts in this topic

She's the one on the right?

Picture's right is the one I used. (the dark haired one.)

I think I'm finally unclogged. Need to get on that thing for Pickly.

Now would be a good time for people to hit me with some quick little assignments, too, to help me get back in the groove of being productive. I've been bored lately, but I finally feel like doing something about it.

Maybe a bit cheeky to put in a graphic request with a first post - although to be fair I've done almost everything for this faction but I can't draw and you did ask for a little assignment. :D I've kind of done the symbol but it's pretty shaky. They're supposed to be a diplomatic faction, with base names like The Embassy etc. Datalinks below (subject to minor change):

DATALINKS1

^LEADER: {Ambassador Name TBD}

^BACKGROUND: {European Union, Unity Liaison Officer}

^AGENDA: {United humanity; preferably through diplomacy}

^TECH: {Social Psych}

#DATALINKS2

^-1 EFFICIENCY, -1 SUPPORT {Excess bureaucracy}

^+1 ECONOMY {Well-negotiated trade agreements}

^Free Recreation Commons each base {Keeping citizens content is a priority}

^Receives double votes in elections for Planetary Governor and Supreme Leader.

^{No particular agenda; may use any government model.}

The original symbol and my attempts with it are in the zip. Also includes some very rough ideas for the leader (couldn't find much) and a possible base look (maybe some flags on one building?). Take a look when you've got some time. :b:

diplomat.zip

Okydoke. I'll have a look later today and get back to you. This should go in the modding folder; feel free to go ahead and start a thread for it there.

hello, magick and welcome to WePlayCiv!

i like your custom faction. it's a good alternative to PKs as well as for the Morganites.

i'm sure BUncle will help you with the graphics part. ( x-posting :) )

do you intend to build a whole set of factions?

also, may i ask you how did you find us?

That was quick - looks much better to me, thanks. :) Bases/icons are sharper and I didn't think Mr Reynolds quite cut it as an ambassador. I'll use this and if anyone's interested I'll upload the faction for the community when I'm finished the text bits. Shouldn't take too long. If anyone's got a suggestion, feel free to throw it in before then.

Bdanv, I think I just found you by searching for SMAX-related stuff. It's one of those titles I go back to every so often. I've never really got into the modern Civs (I don't play as many games as I used to) but I'm very familiar with the original and II from back in the day.

I have a couple of other factions, but most are probably limited in appeal to SMAX fans e.g. I have files for Stalinist Russia and Hitler's "Fourth Reich" just because I found some graphics for them and played around. Probably the best original one I have is a totalitarian state based on the Party from Orwell's 1984. Could put that up too if anyone wants to see it (in the Skunkworks, right?).

Yes, please.

It's always a delight to meet someone new who's into this stuff.

nice work people!

Is that the Watergate Hotel? lol

Good lord, I think you're right. Watergate is always funny.

I have files for Stalinist Russia and Hitler's "Fourth Reich" just because I found some graphics for them and played around. Probably the best original one I have is a totalitarian state based on the Party from Orwell's 1984. Could put that up too if anyone wants to see it (in the Skunkworks, right?).
Did you see this, Larrin?

According to the photo filename it's actually a UN building in Vienna.

About to put the 1984 faction up, mostly my own work but the bases were someone else's with only small tweaks by me. If they are yours (quite possible if you do a lot of graphics) I'll put a credit in for you. Also, neither this nor the above faction has the faction2 and faction3 graphic files done if you want another little project. :D

partybases.zip

I wouldn't worry about ripping anyone off - as long as you're careful to credit them (at least the other SMACers). We all do that all the time.

I'll be happy to talk you through the rest; one freebie is fine, but I can do you more good by teaching you how to do it yourself. Check out the [graphics] thread in Skunkworks if you haven't already, start a development thread, and let's rock.

(Your partybases are saved in a format I can't open in Photoshop 5, GIMP 2.6 or even MS Paint, BTW. Larrin has Paint Shop Pro, ISTR; I don't.)

Bdanv, I think I just found you by searching for SMAX-related stuff. It's one of those titles I go back to every so often. I've never really got into the modern Civs (I don't play as many games as I used to) but I'm very familiar with the original and II from back in the day.

thanks for the answer. :)

I have a couple of other factions, but most are probably limited in appeal to SMAX fans e.g. I have files for Stalinist Russia and Hitler's "Fourth Reich" just because I found some graphics for them and played around. Probably the best original one I have is a totalitarian state based on the Party from Orwell's 1984. Could put that up too if anyone wants to see it (in the Skunkworks, right?).

i am especially interested in the Russia and "Fourth Reich" ones since we are planing on making a WWII scenario for the 'Game of the Month'.

in the Skunkworks, right?

that's where the work in progress should be posted. only the final products (resources) should be posted in the main AC forum.

@BUncle: some front page for ''Four's a Crowd"?

looks good. thx!

Sorry; having computer troubles today, or I'd have gotten this back to you sooner.

As requested, rdminldp_sm.pcx & netcr_sm.pcx with scanlines. Oddly, the latter was in my colorblind folder already scanlined...

attachment.php?attachmentid=6152&d=1275706117attachment.php?attachmentid=6153&d=1275706117

scanlined.zip

rdminldp_sm.jpg

netcr_sm.jpg

Took longer to get everything reloaded than to do the scanlines on this version. A lot longer. I really look forward to having my computer straightened out tomorrow.

Scanlines2.zip

Are you going to do the words yourself, Rabbit?

attachment.php?attachmentid=7597&d=1281924080

Alas, we can't use images in our sigs, here...

xopeninga.jpg

I didnt know we cant use images in our sigs... but that is ok, it is still a good picture non-the-less. Thank you for it! I will have to figure out how to put it to use... :D