Buster's Uncle

Taking requests...

308 posts in this topic

alienrpg22.jpg

This minimap image might explain it better. When I switch it to a flat map this is what it will look like. As you see on the right some of the land is cut off of the progenitor area. It is not a lot though and easily fixable by expanding their land up and down to make up for what is lost.

I changed it to a flat map changes some terrain and added some fungus. Give it a look let me know what you think, Especially on fungus. Did I add too much/too little or if I should move some around.

AlienRPG1.1.rar

Extract it with winrar or 7zip or whatever other program can handle .rar files. Placing it in Maps folder in the AC directory will make it easier to locate within the game. From the game menu Scenario > load map file and select the file.

Wow I can't believe its so nice!

I think its just right

As I loaded it I thought it would be real nice to have fungus like a drag strip to the human factions but that is one sided and this is not the case, it is very even and broken up, know one can say the map was stagged

Very very well done in deed

BTW I was looking in the "Virtual store" directories and thats why I didn't see the common folders

What will be the starting techs, units, base facilities/size, and terraforming for this game. Will we be starting as if we began the game on turn 1 with just the faction specific techs with extra starting bases? Or will we have some extra techs, units and terraforming?

Also, since I will be playing in the game I don't really think I should be the one to setup the scenario(placing bases, giving tech, units, etc.). I don't want anyone to have a reason to accuse me of cheating or giving myself or anyone else an unfair advantage.

Here is what the map looks like now if anyone is interested, but not interested enough to DL it and look. The quality isn't exactly the greatest since I had to take 9 screen shots and fit them together to get it that detailed, then it had to be re-sized for use on the forum. The thumbnail is a slight bit better quality.

terrainn.jpg

Terrain.jpg

Edited by Imagine A Cool Name

What will be the starting techs, units, base facilities/size, and terraforming for this game. Will we be starting as if we began the game on turn 1 with just the faction specific techs with extra starting bases? Or will we have some extra techs, units and terraforming?

I've never created a scenario before so I hadn't thought all of this threw.

I would say like it is on game turn one with a single unit 1-1-1 for the humans in each base, and a 1-3r-1 for the Aliens(if thats what they start with regularly) in each base.

As for base facilities/size I would say the majority of the cities would be size 1 and the Capital size 2 and for the Aliens the same but their Capital size 2. If you think the overall scheme of city sizes +1, +2 or even higher I would also agree. But as for base facilities I have no idea?(If you would like to take the lead on this that might be best

As for Terraforming I think none so the player can make these decisions and that is to include whether they even bother researching the appropriate tech to produce the Former.

I had been considering a period of peace at the start but wanted the players to vote on the duration

Also, since I will be playing in the game I don't really think I should be the one to setup the scenario(placing bases, giving tech, units, etc.). I don't want anyone to have a reason to accuse me of cheating or giving myself or anyone else an unfair advantage.

Well I have been in this situation before, we simply allow access to the file to prove it was not setup one sided or to anyone's benefit

I'm sure it will be easy to find someone to look over the map and actualy assign players etc

eclipse' date=' you ought to look into CMN training...[/quote']

I could do that, where might that be? This Forum functions a bit differently than I am used to

I've never created a scenario before so I hadn't thought all of this threw.

I would say like it is on game turn one with a single unit 1-1-1 for the humans in each base, and a 1-3r-1 for the Aliens(if thats what they start with regularly) in each base.

As for base facilities/size I would say the majority of the cities would be size 1 and the Capital size 2 and for the Aliens the same but their Capital size 2. If you think the overall scheme of city sizes +1, +2 or even higher I would also agree. But as for base facilities I have no idea?(If you would like to take the lead on this that might be best

Aliens start with an extra colony pod a battle ogre mk1 and a normal scout patrol.

If they are having a default start more or less. Size 1 bases with a size 2 HQ is probably best. Size 2 bases will need a unit to do police duty. If anyone starts with any bases over size 2 they will have drone riots without giving that base a rec commons.

As for Terraforming I think none so the player can make these decisions and that is to include whether they even bother researching the appropriate tech to produce the Former.
At the very least, I think each player should start with a former and a simple road network connecting their starting bases

I had been considering a period of peace at the start but wanted the players to vote on the duration
That might be an interesting concept.

Aliens start with an extra colony pod a battle ogre mk1 and a normal scout patrol.

Yes than we should reduce the placed buildings to 8

If they are having a default start more or less. Size 1 bases with a size 2 HQ is probably best. Size 2 bases will need a unit to do police duty. If anyone starts with any bases over size 2 they will have drone riots without giving that base a rec commons.

I would like to avoid complications like Drone riots at the start so size 1 cities sounds great, size 2 HQ is also good(I like working out all these details :) )

At the very least, I think each player should start with a former and a simple road network connecting their starting bases

Agreed

The thing with starting with base facilities is that the player would pay for something they may not have built for themselves. If it is free (I can not remember) this is not really an issue. But standard starting units are a must.

These notes apply after the game starts

This time of Peace would allow for each Alliance to develope a tactical strategy whether it be offensive or defensive etc and also to move into position the only problem I can think of here is how long it should be, I am not a number cruncher so this is beyond my ability. In game I see it displayed and work it out from there but it is not my strongest attribute.

In regards to the Aliens only, they are given "this" land and it will produce "?" production/economy, Maybe I'm thinking 3 techs researched beyond what they actually start with and when both have this the war would begin.

I guess it could be just stated that when these 3 techs are completed a Thumbs up would be giving

Edited by eclipse4449

I don't know what the bureaucracy limit is on a 40x80 map. I just realized though we shouldn't place more bases than that at the start.

40*80 is Standard size, correct?

In that case it should be 6 on Transcend.

Thanks, I must have failed somewhere in my math. Not to make excuses but I was drinking heavily yesterday.:beer:

We should adjust the amount of starting bases then for each faction. Probably 6 for Progs 2 for each of the allied human factions and 5 for the 7th. The progs should start with a few extra colony pods too. That way they can increase base sizes right away if they want or use them for the extra bases.

Yes I will be playing as the H'minee Prog

Yes 40x80 is ok

Yes the reduction of cities is ok, that will smooth out any bumps in the early game, that is great

I'm in Ohio, where are you?

I couldn't resist googling "Hot Catholic Schoolgirl" after the other thread. Wasn't as many borderline explicit images as I was expecting from a random web search. Didn't even have an adult websites listed until the 2nd page. Most were websites selling school girl uniform costumes.

Feel free to do whatever you want with these, the last 2 are there to be funny ao enjoy. Stuck them in spoilers so they wouldn't take as much page space.

51ul-semfnl-_sexy-skirt_.jpg?w=640

schoolgirl.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGwi_IYkxAoIA_DuHcSRo1iv-2Rdls_tUWMiRofPasVm2fBj8zFQ

school-girl-dog-costume.jpg

Either of the first two would be very workable - any preference?