Buster's Uncle

Taking requests...

308 posts in this topic

I've had a few nibbles doing this at CFC, so let's try it here- I'm talking about art, of course. Attached are a few results of previous requests.

Would you like Deirdre with a little hitler mustache? Miriam in a party hat? Cha Dawn as a clown?

Got any serious faction ideas? New factions? Wanna replace the leader of an official faction?

Lay it on me, and I’ll take a tilt at it…

LogoCouncil.jpg

Worm.jpg

July'09GOTM.JPG

September'09GOTM.JPG

November'09GOTM.JPG

ConceptLogoFactions.zip

MindwormCult.zip

can you take a look at Larrin's work here and maybe give him some advice..

Did so yesterday. He haven't answered my PMs yet, but I'm trying to lure him over here. I go out of my way to encourage new people working the art end.

I'm trying to lure him over here.

that's exactly what i had in my mind... ;)

he registered today, but i doesn't look like his account is active yet. :confused:

Yep. :D Hari Seldon predicted it. I loves me some artists to chat with.

doing some reading at 'Poly, huh? ;)

I check by there. It's not stone dead and the comments are usually worth a glance. Of course I really take an interest in activity in Creation- even if it is an art ghetto...

i'm not saying it's a bad thing to do...

I looked at that forum and it seems a bit mercenary, there's ads for surveys at the top that seemingly are paid for by whatever company owns it

...That's the business model. We get a forum to play in, the forum sells ads. You'll see more of that here as WPC takes off. A big forum is too much work to run for fun; it's business...

I looked at that forum and it seems a bit mercenary, there's ads for surveys at the top that seemingly are paid for by whatever company owns it

they (the admins) tried also the donation approach, but it only worked for a month or so..

BTW, I only worry about topic discipline when I'm posting in other people's threads -believe it or not- and I'm not even hinting that anybody think twice about staying on-topic here -I don't mind- but I just wanted to interject and reiterate that I am taking art requests.

Anyone?

As you were, men...

focus.gif

ummm.. think.gif i think i got a request: how about some leaderhead smilies?

As long as I'm not the one tasked with doing the lobbying to get them implemented, I could post 20x20 size/crops of the 14 official factions in an hour or less if square-with-backgrounds-left-in is okay. Much longer for floating heads. No guarantees that they'll look like much at that size, but I'll try.

of course i'll do the lobbying..

and i meant something funny like: :science: :arr: borg.gif ..maybe with some improvements. is it feasible? appealing?

I think it calls for floating heads, and I'll have to do a few and see how they look. I'll throw you a Deidre s quick as I can...

Hmmm. If I recall, they'll need to be .gifs The pallete changes that involves might add to the amusement value...

Here Deidre is as a full-color gif. I don't know if they can use the first, so I just spent longer trying to get the colors looking like something in the format I did the :sarc: smilie in than on the rest. They should be able to implement that one easy.

While you're nagging lobbying, howabout riding them advocating my musical notes smilie, too?

notes.png

...I have to host that one myself and link it when I want it...

Diedre.gif

Diedre2.gif

Edited by Buster's Uncle

Yang both ways. Had to go eat supper, or I'd have got this up quicker.

[added X1.5 size versions for Dan]

Yang.gif

Yang2.gif

Yangb.gif

YangB2.gif

Edited by Buster's Uncle

it doesn't really look like him without the necklace thing, he doesn't have many distinguishing features

True; at that size especially.

Zak was a pain to cut out of his background...

Zak.gif

Zak2.gif

Edited by Buster's Uncle

Morgan was a lot easier.

My eyesight is bad enough to make it tough for me to assess whether these are legible enough at this size...

Morgan.gif

Morgan2.gif