Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Dale

Site Issues

1,399 posts in this topic

Ya, just after I posted that I noticed that I was having to hit refresh 2-4 times as well.  Wasn't having to do that for a while

Same - ironically when I was talking to Arnelos on Friday about his connection problem I wasn't having any problem connecting here at the time. I thought he was having the google chrome problem or a problem getting to the new type of forum to work.

But then on Saturday I ran into the HTTP 500 error again and had to refresh 2-4 times to get here.

One difference is that the last time this happened - once you got here there was no problem, but that hasn't been the case always this time. Yesterday I clicked on this topic and it gave me the error message and I had to refresh to get to it.

I've messaged Donald.

Rather than constantly refreshing to get here, another possibility that seems to work for me recently is to refresh once then click on the weplayciv link on your favorites "bar".

Something is wrong, I  also have to hit refresh, but only for the main page.

I had to use Bing to get here....I may never recover

I only have the problem accessing the front page, if I go directly to a subforum, I never have any issues...

1 hour ago, N35t0r said:

I only have the problem accessing the front page, if I go directly to a subforum, I never have any issues...

Same here.

For anyone still visiting here, this evening we fixed the site, got rid of the ERROR 500 that was plaguing us.

We now have a renewed request to get rid of the malicious site warning.

After that we will be adding https (secure connection) too. 

I have confidence that we'll get the malicious site error removed this time.

Terrific! :woohoo:

Thanks for taking care of this. 

You da man, Donald.

And another win! Site is now completely served over https.

It's possible that you encounter in some places that the browser says the connection is partially unsafe. That happens when there is for example an image linked from another website over http.

Please report on which page you encounter that and I can take a look.

For the future, the best way is to upload images right here on the forum, or use an image provide that gives you an https link.

Logged in on the desktop! :woohoo:

THanks Donald for all your efforts and mad skillz! :D

Wow, even Firefox worked to get here today.

No more Edge. :)

Edited by Spaced Cowboy

Friend of mine is trying to register however there isn't an option given for the security check. It just instantly fails on him. 

SecurityFail.jpg

I checked now, and it seems this affects both FF and Chrome, as well as Edge. I have notified Donald.

BUT: And this is important! Don't visit weplayciv.com without the www before. When I tried this in Edge, I was sent to a hoax site! Using www sends you to this forum, and is secure. I have notified Donald of course. Just beware.

EDIT: OK, Solver tells me it's a configuration error and that the other site is not a hoax site.:woohoo:

All hail Solver and Donald! It's fixed.:)

On 7/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, donald23 said:

For anyone still visiting here, this evening we fixed the site, got rid of the ERROR 500 that was plaguing us.

We now have a renewed request to get rid of the malicious site warning.

After that we will be adding https (secure connection) too. 

I have confidence that we'll get the malicious site error removed this time.

first time that I have been here in over a month and it seems to (FINALLY) be working correctly....  no mal site warning BS at this time... :crosses fingers:

weird I only just got back on here by removing it from my ISPs blocked list says something like TSL2 security was out of date in MS Edge

On 9/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, Bantams said:

weird I only just got back on here by removing it from my ISPs blocked list says something like TSL2 security was out of date in MS Edge

I'm guessing you mean SSL 2.0. Which is indeed out of date and the certificate here is not valid for SSL2. If you got the notification I think you got, that's an indication why Edge is still not a very good browser when it comes to security.

Firefox and Chrome for example will not (without extra action) let you visit SSL2.0 secured sites ;)

This site uses primarily TLS1.2 which is the current, most secure standard for securing web-traffic.