Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Dale

Site Issues

1,381 posts in this topic

Haven't chatted with Solver in years now... how's he doin?

Still getting the malware warning and do ya'll know if the hacking issue has been fixed now?

I see the spam is gone.

Also pointing out there are some spam blogs as well. :)

I see the spam is gone.

Also pointing out there are some spam blogs as well. :)

Yep. Me, Donald and Solver was hard working earlier today.:) The blogs we missed. Thanks!

I see tones o' Spam post right now, so I don't think it's over yet guys...

Yeah. We're flooded. It seems to have begun with the forum software upgrade. Been pinging Donald abd Solver and awaiting info on what can be done.

Until Solver gets this remedied, then one way for everyone to help out would be to post in their favorite Civ game forum so that we can have an on-topic post topped across the board. :)

Edited by Darsnan

I posted a ton. But, if it is all just GK posts....

I posted a ton.

Awesome! :b:

But, if it is all just GK posts....

I know. I posted the idea a little late for our European friends. Hopefully when they wake up tomorrow they'll take up the cross as well.

D

Well, those aren't actually bots as it turns out, they're actual (human) spammers.

Between the security issues and spammers, this is just sucking increasingly more. It's pretty much between migrating the forums to Invision or just pulling the plug on them...

Completely understood Solver, and I think everyone will understand if you decide to pull the plug.

D

Definitely would prefer it to stay, but I understand how low traffic is now a days.

Needs some consideration :)

I did successfully migrate another forum to Invision recently, and everything has turned out wonderfully, but that had the advantage of being paid by someone else - even a one-shot license would cost a bit. On the other hand, I am not particularly keen on the idea of just leaving our few regulars without the site. I know there are only a few people that are regulars, but seeing old sites disappear is something I personally strongly dislike on the Internet.

I would certainly prefer it if WPC sticks around. I know the traffic isn't there anymore, but it's still my home. It would be a shame to see it go. :(

Would like to see it stay too.

But considering its only a couple of us old farts around can totally understand if you take it down.

It would really be a shame if we lost WPC, such a civilised little community and haven from the worst of the internet. I too understand if you want to pull the plug Solver, but maybe a migration to new software might be the perfect time to streamline the place anyway, focusing what activity we do have into more active channels.

If it helps, then since I do stop by several times a day, you can bump my mod powers up so that I can kill spambots anywhere on WPC.

D

Upon further consideration, I don't quite want to shut the place down. It is indeed a nice little civilized community, and there's enough good stuff built up here over the years. Old farts and all ;) But a migration over to Invision is necessary to prevent it all from just crumbling technically. The license is 200$, the migration process itself is reasonably straightforward.

Solver, I will be happy to chip in some $$, if you can figure out how.

I could put a few bucks in the hat too.

:stupid:

If any of you want to contribute, http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/misc.php?do=donate should still work, and my honest gratitude.

From my prior experience, there'd be a few things different after migrating to Invision, but mostly it's a smooth experience for all users and eventually you just end up with a new forum. Important stuff like avatars stay in place ;)

Cool. Tossed ya a few bucks. PayPal doesn't normally like me, so if you don't see it in a day or two, let me know.

Got it :b: Thanks!