Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Dale

Site Issues

1,381 posts in this topic

I've yet to run into any of the problems you guys are complaining about, but then my work is really rather permissive on our browsing (though I have little doubt it's probably logged somewhere).

It's just a ploy to separate the true fans of Civ from the fakes. ;)

I've yet to run into any of the problems you guys are complaining about, but then my work is really rather permissive on our browsing (though I have little doubt it's probably logged somewhere).

Have you tried pulling up WPC on a chrome browser anywhere? This is a goggle thing first and a work thing second... at least that's how I understand it.

Work uses i.e. It's mcafee blocking it for malicious software there.

It's probably due to the broken security sertificate, is my guess.

What broken certificate?

You aren't getting this when you try and log in?

Decepive site ahead.jpg

I do, I don't think it has anything with SSL to do though. Complaints I got from Google are about code injection / malicious redirects (has happened in the past) but I do not see anything of the kind on several browsers.

I've killed the ads on the site and forums anyway. They probably had nothing to do with this, but no point in having them.

Probably me who misunderstand. It's complaining about a broken https connection.

Complaints I got from Google are about code injection / malicious redirects (has happened in the past) but I do not see anything of the kind on several browsers.

This is currently going on? If so do you have an idea of how long this has been going on? Might help narrow the issue down.

I know because I got those warnings emailed. The second batch came in two days ago, and before that, on the 25th. It's complaining about injected code like I said, but I've used Google's own diagnostic tools, viewed in several different browsers, and I can see no problem. No traces of vbulletin hacking either, which has sometimes happened in the past.

The second batch came in two days ago, and before that, on the 25th. It's complaining about injected code like I said, but I've used Google's own diagnostic tools, viewed in several different browsers, and I can see no problem. No traces of vbulletin hacking either, which has sometimes happened in the past.

So the problem could have cleared since the last E-Mail notifications, and your just chasing ghosts now until Google's bots decide to declare the "All clear"? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions - not my area of expertise, and I'm just trying to help.

D

It could have, but I investigated about an hour after the latest emails from Google and found nothing.

I can accelerate the process by submitting a review request to Google but then I have to know what was wrong. Again, in the past it was kinda easy when I saw obvious issues and fixed them.

It could have, but I investigated about an hour after the latest emails from Google and found nothing.

I can accelerate the process by submitting a review request to Google but then I have to know what was wrong. Again, in the past it was kinda easy when I saw obvious issues and fixed them.

You can't submit the "clean bill of health" from your Google diagnostic runs? I'm sure Google has run into situations like this before where an issue has cleared itself before the site owner has had a chance to investigate/ pinpoint the issue.

Edit: and isn't there any watchdog software you could install onto your server which would mimic the same checks Google is running so you can catch the issue real-time?

D

Edited by Darsnan

I can give the all-clear but it works better if I can describe what was wrong. Might just have to do that anyway.

Seems that everything is working correctly now...

Seems that everything is working correctly now...

Interesting - my home computer agrees with you, but my work computer is now throwing up a "thou shalt not pass!" warning. Maybe Google giving the all clear takes a while to percolate around the internets?

D

All clear here! :)

Yeah should be clear. Ads are still gone :)

It's McAfee. They suck! They're like the 49ers of computer protection.

For several days I could not connect this site. Not even try.

Its short cut was replaced by "securety error".

I have Wintows 7, goggle chrome and AVG.

Today all things came to normal without any action from myself.

Mcafee still blocking.

I quit using McAfee years ago...

I quit using McAfee years ago...

We don't have a choice at work - I'm still blocked at work as well.

D

It's McAfee. They suck! They're like the 49ers of computer protection.

Clear on my chrome as well. But if McAfee are the 49ers, then who are the Browns? ;)