bdanv

White Rainbow - Turn Tracking Thread (TTT) [6days]

594 posts in this topic

White Rainbow - Turn Tracking Thread (TTT)

SMAX v.2 PBEM - ladder game

Game setup thread is here

Factions (also turn order):

3958343238_dd8b9e6c1a_o.jpg

Commlink:No code has to be inserted here.

The map:

Slightly modified Map of Planet.

Game preferences:

3958361462_2a9f3493ee_o.jpg

Rules:

1.In case of inactivity of any player, the turn will be 'pushed' after 6 (six) days. Obviously out-of-town and vacation periods are excluded if properly announced in this thread - the game will be stalled during these periods, unless agreed otherwise.

2.Action to be taken on non-responsive player (14 days without posting activity): the faction will be turned to the AI.

Notes:

1. Players will start with 2 CPs, 1 scout and 1 droid former, and Cult gets a mindworm and Angels a probe team.
  2. Unity former droids, designed by Mart, are new basic units that cannot be reversed engineered. You will need to research Centauri Ecology to build more formers.
  3. Darsnan has copies of your passwords.

2101 WhiteRainbow to Anpax.SAV

Edited by bdanv
Sgtslick replacing Anpax

Advices:

1. if this is your first PBEM, then please take a look again at this post. take care when typing your password. you have only three chances to type it right and you don't want that nasty reload message to be sent to all the players in the game..
  2. there is a high chance to get slowed down in the first turns because some turns may end up in someone spam folder, so please
    save the addresses in the commlink section of the post above in your contacts agenda. hmm.. maybe not all of them ;)
  3. please keep a copy of all the turns you receive and send (you never know when you'll need them). there's a high chance that
    the option 'save a copy of the sent messages...' is already activated on your email account, so, there is no need to keep them
    in the game folder of your computer. just make sure you don't delete them. this could be very important!
  4. if you are a victim of the faction graphics bug please take a look at this post.

Please feel free to post questions/comments in this thread. You can contact me by email (see commlink section above) or by IM (see my profile)

Game log:

[...] to be completed...

May,25 2011: Gaian faction destroied (by scient) because of inactivity of Sgtslick

May,26 2011: Hive faction turned to the AI by request of Chairman Vishniac (who is out of the game).

Commlink up-to-date:No code has to be inserted here.

Edited by bdanv

:rockon:Post #2

I've never seen graphical errors like that on my computer but I'm real jealious of you screenshots, I bet the in-game shots are just as good. How do you do that? I hit "Print Sreen" and all i get is a black screen with bits of red where there might be a border. You gotta share.

Oh and posting the first sav gives me how the file name will be gain :rockon:

Edited by eclipse4449

Thanks Bdanv.

Could it be possible to get a scenario file to get the map and see how it is precisely?

Thanks Bdanv.

Could it be possible to get a scenario file to get the map and see how it is precisely?

Probably not:

"No Unity survey: World map not visible."

I don't know what "slightly modified" means. Will be some nasty surprises for someone for sure!

Edited by Vishniac
Added content

Okey, listen up people. I'm having a major problem with running my copy of this game on Ubuntu (Linux) OS. When I've signed up for this game it was 100% playable so it's not my fault. Check this thread for details and please, help me if you can.

I don't know how long are you willing to wait but I really want to play this game with you guys. Please, state your opinion on this matter.

Sorry for letting you down.

2101 to Asky.

:chinese:

Bdanv, do you need one of my copies each turn too?

Okey, listen up people. I'm having a major problem with running my copy of this game on Ubuntu (Linux) OS. When I've signed up for this game it was 100% playable so it's not my fault. Check this thread for details and please, help me if you can.

I don't know how long are you willing to wait but I really want to play this game with you guys. Please, state your opinion on this matter.

Sorry for letting you down.

I don't know anything about Linux so I'm stretching here. When you place the Cd in the drive it auto starts right? This is the axstart.exe if it is possible use the terranx.exe instead, this is how I have to launch my games.

Who ever is sending me my turn send it to my gmail account rather than posting it here.

Turn 2101 sent to bodissey.

I've Hive fraction instead Planet Cult, but it's right.

I've Hive fraction instead Planet Cult, but it's right.

i think you have only the graphics of the Hive faction. this means you're a victim of the faction graphics bug.

see point 4 in the second post of this thread.

Probably not:

"No Unity survey: World map not visible." ..

you're right, Vshniac.

and nobody except me knows the exact map, Elian.

***EDIT***

:rockon:Post #2

I've never seen graphical errors like that on my computer ..

you'll see that soon

..but I'm real jealious of you screenshots, I bet the in-game shots are just as good. How do you do that? I hit "Print Sreen" and all i get is a black screen with bits of red where there might be a border. You gotta share.

i can share, but i think your problem is related with the update of the driver of your graphic card. if you solve this issue then i can tell you how to take screen shots.

Edited by bdanv

Average Turn Rate: 1 day

Well...? I hope that your turn rate won't be like your replies on the start up. I remember you writing one post on 25.06 and second on 9.07. Please, state your level of engagement in this game and keep up. If you don't have time or will to play then make it clear for us.

Becuse it's communication through Internet, it doesn't mean that you can disrespect others.

i think you have only the graphics of the Hive faction. this means you're a victim of the faction graphics bug.

see point 4 in the second post of this thread.

you're right, Vshniac.

and nobody except me knows the exact map, Elian.

***EDIT***

you'll see that soon

i can share, but i think your problem is related with the update of the driver of your graphic card. if you solve this issue then i can tell you how to take screen shots.

Alas my drivers were out of date but only by one version, but this gives me the same black screen. So if you can help these games might enjoy my screens as well. My videocard is a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200, I think it is 256mb

Edited by eclipse4449

So where is this turn?

bdanv is there a special app you use to take screens other than paint?

So where is this turn?..

the turn is with Bodissey for a week now. i guess he didn't made up his mind yet.

this is his last message at WPC:

Well, I'm not this inactive - sorry bdanv ;-) - as I read your query. And although I have forgotten to play since july, it doesn't mean I'm quitting yet.

..bdanv is there a special app you use to take screens other than paint?

no. i use "CTRL+Print Screen" and then "Paste" in Paint.

the secret is to play SMAC\X in a window. otherwise your screen shot will look like this:

1894225540_18d82162e0.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just sent the file to Elian. Sorry for the delay and good luck to you all.

:woohoo:

this means you're back for good? :cute:

Hi,

Please send the turns to Eldramatico@yahoo.ca, as I don't use Orcbienvert@msn.com anymore... Thks

Is it possible to contact other players and exchange tech or else without having met them proprely in game? (I thought the answer was no)

Edited by Eldramatico

I can't find where your email is

Datalinks;

Brother Eclipse4449 please report the minutes. 1830hrs. MY, 2101.

First on today’s agenda Chairman Vishniac.

Chairman Vishniac;

Continuing our prior discussions on “Control of Chiron’s as I was saying and have always said “Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment.”

Datajack Elian interrupts, this is none sense! We are just where we were this time yesterday.

Prime Functions Bodissey stands and claims, “This is getting us no…

Datalinks;

Datalinks reports a reactor unit has a critical malfunction, system override, system manual control disengaged, system automation engaged. Key coordinators to critical locations, Life pod system deployment services online commencing countdown at 3 minutes at mark, mark 2;59, 2;58, ….

Lord Anpax this way, I have orders to move you to critical point Alpha3, Chairman Vishniac please follow me, Prophet Asky, Lights go down and battle lights now glow red adding to the chaos, 1:12, 1:11, Prime Function Bodissey I’m to take you to Alpha4. Ships temperature no longer under Datalinks control rises to unbearable degrees and worse entering the concourse of the Alpha sector. :52, Datajack Elian “how much farther, how much time?”:33, 32, … Brother Eclipse4449 you must come now! You have no time, :07, Coordinator grabs Brother Eclipse’s tunic and forces him in the chamber :01,door closes and, silence.

Hurled against the wall unharnessed Brother Eclipse losses conciseness, a great force of pressure exerting against his mortal frame, he wakes to this agony and lumbers toward the blinking red light and with all his might and the grace of God maneuvers himself into to command chair.

Datalinks;

Datalinks reports your vitals are erratic you must secure your harness, just then g-force increases to an unbearable level as the harness is clasped. The tiny Life pod begins shaking seaming enough to break it apart and the pressure beyond tolerance, the tiny pod goes dark and silent and he losses conciseness once again.

Not sure if alive or dead it is pitch black, not a sound, suddenly a tiny green light glows dim and begins flash, another beside it and more still. Now system batteries come online and the red battle lights turn on

Oh my God what happened? Datalinks, Datalinks! Vitals still not normal please remain calm. Calm! Report, Datalinks Report!

The report came but garbled beyond recognition, remembering Unity training taught him to seek Unit manual he opens it and holds near the dim red light, searching for the heading “Reset system Datalinks” he finds it and turns to the page, he’s directed to push a few buttons and doing so shuts down Datalinks in it entirety and system momentarily shuts down and re awakes to report “System malfunction, Datalinks restore engaged, just then a small pop and a burst of sparks jettison from the control panel and a fire erupts, reaching for the fire extinguisher Brother Eclipse again orders Datalinks to report. System failure, restore Datalinks disabled, asset scan begins. The Life pod’s door opens and scout unit prototype deploys. Datalinks reports “atmosphere safe for human life” just then the cargo swing doors engage and a colony pod prototype emerges.:help:

Edited by eclipse4449
Added content