Solver

Welcome to the Alpha Centauri section!

37 posts in this topic

That vendetta inter-sites is still going on?

1 person likes this

Vendetta? That should be aimed at the COD Fiends out there, not other TBS Players ;)

That vendetta inter-sites is still going on?
We're not the ones wasting energy on it...

Would you prefer me to no longer add the WPC banner at the end of a Planetfall patch announcement, as in the following example?

Patch 13e for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch e is incompatible with games started under previous patches.

attachment.php?attachmentid=244801&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267475954 attachment.php?attachmentid=244802&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267475954 attachment.php?attachmentid=244803&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1267475954

Changelog:

1. Fixed Mount Planet and Condenser graphics by Lord Tirian.

2. Updated building and cityset graphics by GeoModder.

3. Datalinks text by Pickly.

4. The Armor unit has been renamed to Siege Tank.

5. Bugfix: fungus will no longer bloom under Bunkers.

6. Bugfix: Yang can only rush Genejack Factories with population now.

7. Bugfix: factions can be invited to the Planetary Council.

vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

IMO, that would fit under Members are able to link to information on our site as you are linking to the original information for the other person to view. I see that as saying "You can get the file from WePlayCiv" as opposed to "WePlayCiv the largest and friendliest SMAC community on the net". :)

I have added the following to the first post of this thread.

Addendum: 13 May 2010

We are removing our ban on the posting of modified exes such as the Unofficial Patch for SMAC/X. Please feel free to discuss anything related to modified exes and upload them to the file database for others to enjoy.

Thanks

Greetings. Thought I might introduce myself. I am a long time player of civ games but never at a real level of ability. I haven't been playing them for a few years and had switched to Real Time Strat games like starcraft 1 and 2. Since then, I purchased the GOG edition of AC just to support one of the best games of all time and have played a bit of single player. Its amazing how getting decent at something like RTS can carry over to 4x! Just beat my first transcedant level game (never had played above the easiest level before that one!).

congratulations on your first win on transcend, VaderSeven! :clap:

time to get involved in some competitive playing. :gunsmilie:

I am excited to have found a side game to my main stay gaming of starcraft. To those that only play 1 game, it is hard to recall the joys of not "top" level skill. I look forward to having noob moments with this game as they are just far between in sc2 these days.

Greetings, VaderSeven!

Even after years of playing, noob moments still happen, this game is incredibly deep.:b:

I can't speak for others but I can make you recommendations to help you make it much more than just a game: an experience!:cool:

First, the advice would be (if you didn't already of course) to read the introduction story of how the UN mission failed and why (if you didn't already of course). Journey to Centauri is downloadable at: http://www.firaxis.com/smac/assets/journey.rtf

And then, to read the 2 novels quoted (in the printed manual, that you probably don't own) as the most influential in making this game:

- Frank Herbert's The Jesus Incident (for drones and native life)

- Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars (for terraforming and faction leaders...and so much more)

By doing this, the game becomes alive. Awesome!

:)

I have read and own both of those books. I also read all the other Mars books and have read the Dune series many MANY times.

The game has always been an experience for me, thats why I came back to it instead of a newer flashier civ.

I played this game when it was brand new and I have my discs somewhere. I just hadnt played in a very long time and back then i played only on the easiest levels.

I have the manual somewhere and I think i recall that story near the end of it.