Alinestra Covelia

"My Life Is Average" thread

1,307 posts in this topic

There's a pretty entertaining site where people post little tidbits of their daily routine which are fairly normal, but which brings a smile to the face.

Unfortunately the site, which runs on user submissions, has frozen all submissions for now. So I thought I'd start a thread here. Post all your little quirks of your day here, especially those that make you feel a moment's wry humor!

Note1: End each post with "MLIA" for My Life Is Average.

Note2: These aren't for really bad things that happen to you. Those go to FMyLife.com.

Edited by Alinestra Covelia

I'll start.

Months ago, when I moved house, I had to throw out hundreds of New Yorker magazines. I ripped out the fiction pages of each and kept them. After I moved, I couldn't find them.

I moved again and finally dug out all my old law school books to sell. One of them was falling apart and a load of paper pages deluged out when I opened it. I'd found my New Yorker fiction stash!

MLIA

hmm.....

ok i was doing some late spring cleaning on my gf's laptop, updating virus scanners etc. I also had some updates for the OS(vista service pack2), "ok thats cool i" thought. "oh that's large!" i thought next.

It screwed her PC for a few days, but finaly today after trying other stuff i was happy to find a last restore point that was just before that fatefull update, and now she isn't blaming me for screwing up her laptop anymore.

MLIA.

I didn't eat lunch and I'm hungry. I just phoned in for a canadian bacon pizza from Pizza Villa. Then I'm going to the American Legion.

MLIA

For the past three years, I've been sleeping on bad beds and my back always ached. Now I've been sleeping on the floor and my backaches are gone.

Today, I got a brand new mattress, firm as they come. Looking forward to some good sleep, off the floor!

MLIA

Oh yeah. I also went to get a haircut today. The guy that cut it went apeshit. It's a little boy's haircut. :mad:

MLIA

Oh yeah. I also went to get a haircut today. The guy that cut it went apeshit. It's a little boy's haircut. :mad:

MLIA

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Edit: Never mind. Pics have been found.

Edited by Alinestra Covelia

I did some bar review stuff today, despite feeling like I'm way behind on the study. It turns out I actually know a surprisingly large amount of stuff. I'm going to study some more, but at least I don't feel like I'm going to fail.

MLIA

My parents told me this morning that I was only a mere mortal.

MLIA

I found an old wristwatch that I hadn't worn for years. I was getting in the car to get the battery fixed when I noticed it was telling time - just an hour behind. I wound it up to speed and it's been working fine ever since.

MLIA

Tday I bought some nice belgian beers and lamb chorizo from the local butcher. I had them with a spicy arugula salad while watching old episodes of Doctor Who.

MLIA

I watched Oprah this afternoon. About a girl that was in a house with rats and a rotting mattrress. She was adopted out when neighbors finally realized she was there.

She's now10, with the mental development of a 1 year old. Cute as can be.

The birth mother had to attend a class, and got 2 years probation. Go Florida. :q:

MLIA

My dog shat on the floor this morning, I almost stepped in it.

MLIA

The nice man from UPS arrived today and took my xbox away to germany to get repaired :rip:

oh and the cat missed the litter tray and shat on the floor

MLIA

Our dog Stella is now back with us after being spayed yesterday. She is very happy to be home, and we are very happy to have her back with us.

MLIA.

I cooked stir fried beef in a marsala sauce with pepper and salt, and then mixed it with some stir fried mushrooms and broccoli florets. It was really yummy, and I sat with my roommate and we watched Rome together.

MLIA

I drove over to see a friend's band play. I'd say 15 miles each way. I didn't find it.

MLIA

MLIA

I tried to get a haircut at Lancer's barber for over a week, but Andrew was never in. So I tried a place by the market. The guy's name is Re'uben. He tried to charge me 50 pesos, which is about a dollar. I wasn't about to settle for any dollar haircut, so I gave him 100 pesos. Worth every penny.

MLIA

I found an old wristwatch that I hadn't worn for years. I was getting in the car to get the battery fixed when I noticed it was telling time - just an hour behind. I wound it up to speed and it's been working fine ever since.

MLIA

Wait a minute!! If the watch is powered by a battery, winding it would have done no good. There's no spring!

I donated all my watches to charity when I moved to the Phils. Now I rarely know what time it is. My computer says it's currently 3:45 a.m., but I'll bet that's L.A. time. :detective:

MLIA

Sorry, I meant adjusted it for DST. It was an hour (and a few minutes) behind time, which is why I thought it was dead every time I saw it because it wasn't telling the right time.

Turns out I was wrong. :)

Also, donating all your watches to charity is about as MLIA as going to space or something, but whatever... i am just lurking thus thread anyways, since MLIBA. (figure out what the B stands for)

I have been preparing for the bar. My exams are coming back a little short of the 66% I need to pass, but there's a good two and a half weeks before I take the test, so I'm getting better every day.

MLIA

Tonight when I took the dog for a walk there was a thuderstorm way to our north where the lightening was striking pretty much non-stop, and from horizon to horizon. Really neat as the storm was far enough away that there was no thunder - just the non-stop lightening lighting up the night sky. I took a screen pic of the local radar just to show how intense the storm is.

MLIA

Natural fireworks.jpg

That storm knocked out my power a couple hours ago. Now all my clocks are flashing at me.

MLIA