Blake00

Civilization Series Favourite Scifi/Fantasy TC Scenarios & Mods Hunt

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Been a active member over at CivFinatics and Poly for years now making mods and helping other modders with hosting issues etc. Just discovered this place and thought I'd better join up! Especially as I’m currently on the  hunt for big Civilization game series total conversion scenarios which started with a focus on Civ2 & Civ3 (but am now expanding to Civ4, 5, 6 & spinoffs) relating to a whole bunch of my favourite fantasy & scifi movie/TV/gaming franchises. Been posting in a few Civ forums and getting great feedback, plus whenever someone has told me about an awesome scenario that’s disappeared over the years I’ve managed to track it down and bring it back from the dead to CivFanatics/ModDB/Archive.org hosting, so helping me has helped the community. Hell in some rare cases I’ve even filled a gap by making the scenario myself haha!

Anyway I figured it was finally time to hit some of the other communities out there for help too . Many have already been found so make sure you check my list link below BEFORE making suggestions to save yourself time & effort lol!

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/scenario-hunt-mars-alphac-c-c-ra-dune-mom-col-moo-doom-b5-strek-swars-sgate-homm.657805/

At this stage I'm looking for Civ scenarios relating to...
- Mars / Lunar Colonization
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (& other alien world colonization)
- Command & Conquer / Red Alert
- Dune / Arrakis
- Master of Magic
- Sid Meier's Colonization
- Master of Orion
- Heroes of Might & Magic
- Babylon 5
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Stargate
- Apocalypse (After WW3 / Fallout / Mad Max / Judge Dredd / Doom / Terminator / Zombies)
- Lord of the Rings
- Game of Thrones
- The Elder Scrolls
- Warcraft & Starcraft / Warhammer & W40k
- Final Fantasy
- Civilization Crossover Mods (Make a Civ game look like another Civ game)

If you're unable to help then that's fine, as maybe my list will still help you find something cool! :)

Edited by Blake00

Heah Blake00,

Featuring this for you so that more people will see this and hopefully help out with your project.

As far as Alpha Centauri is concerned, the Alteri Centauri was a project started by Illuminatus (a.k.a. Jack Hawksmoor) that was meant to gather all the SMACX scenarios into one repository so that it was available to all. The original version is located here:

https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/topic/6374-altera-centauri-the-smacx-scenario-repository/

I've been upkeeping it with additional scenarios as I find them, so it should be very comprehensive in that respect.

As far as Civ5 mods for Alpha Centauri, I really enjoyed Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/crazy-spatzs-alpha-centauri-mod.395463/

I've got over 2,000 hours into Civ5, and almost exclusively I used that mod while playing. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Spatzimaus didn't upkeep the mod against current patches or modpacks.

HTH,

D

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Darsnan said:

Heah Blake00,

Featuring this for you so that more people will see this and hopefully help out with your project.

As far as Alpha Centauri is concerned, the Alteri Centauri was a project started by Illuminatus (a.k.a. Jack Hawksmoor) that was meant to gather all the SMACX scenarios into one repository so that it was available to all. The original version is located here:

https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/topic/6374-altera-centauri-the-smacx-scenario-repository/

I've been upkeeping it with additional scenarios as I find them, so it should be very comprehensive in that respect.

As far as Civ5 mods for Alpha Centauri, I really enjoyed Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/crazy-spatzs-alpha-centauri-mod.395463/

I've got over 2,000 hours into Civ5, and almost exclusively I used that mod while playing. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Spatzimaus didn't upkeep the mod against current patches or modpacks.

HTH,

D

Wow thank you Darsnan! :)

While I'm hunting for Civ mods with a SMAC theme I wasn't looking for mods for SMAC itself however I did think about doing that a while back when I saw a Mars mod (which is one of my search categories) on the AlphaC2 forum, but sadly they never released it. Couldn't seem to find any other good respository of SMAC mods, just simple maps. So thank you for that list, I'll have to have a good look and see if there's any mods for it that fit under my franchises of interest haha.

Seriously playing Civ5 is still on my to do list, but I own it and plan to! Darn it looks like they took the files offline for the SMAC mod. That's a shame! Obliterating rare mod files is not good practice! I'll still give it a mention in my next update though.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Blake00 said:

Seriously playing Civ5 is still on my to do list, but I own it and plan to! Darn it looks like they took the files offline for the SMAC mod. That's a shame! Obliterating rare mod files is not good practice! I'll still give it a mention in my next update though.

I may still have Spatzimaus's mod on my computer - I'll give it a look when I get home (currently about 4,000 km from home, so it'll be awhile).

D

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Darsnan said:

I may still have Spatzimaus's mod on my computer - I'll give it a look when I get home (currently about 4,000 km from home, so it'll be awhile).

D

Thanks man. All good if it takes a while, I'm not in a rush for Civ5 stuff anyway haha.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:42 AM, Darsnan said:

Heh when I last visited I thought to myself "Darsnan.. why do I know that name?".. and now it's finally clicked. You made the playable Barbarians/Aliens scenario for me a while back haha! That's also going to be part of my video series with all the Civ stuff (turning into a multi year project lol).

I've finally had a good look through your repository and sure enough I've found a Mars scenario however sadly there's no download, there's a just a message from you saying the forum wouldn't let you attach the file. Is it hosted elsewhere by any chance?

Edited by Blake00

1 hour ago, Blake00 said:

Heh when I last visited I thought to myself "Darsnan.. why do I know that name?".. and now it's finally clicked. You made the playable Barbarians/Aliens scenario for me a while back haha! 

Yes, that was me. One other thing I've thought of regarding "getting the game to play right" is to initially pact you with one of the human Factions, and then allow that Faction to take the last human city - I wonder if that be a viable workaround for that end of game crash you were experiencing?

1 hour ago, Blake00 said:

I've finally had a good look through your repository and sure enough I've found a Mars scenario however sadly there's no download, there's a just a message from you saying the forum wouldn't let you attach the file. Is it hosted elsewhere by any chance?

Yeah that's gonna be tough. IIRC I followed up with some other people at the time and it appeared we all encountered the same problem that the source file was corrupted. And the site it came from (Civgaming Networks) no longer exists. You might try contacting the author (GeoModder) directly: not sure if he would respond, but its worth a shot.

D

1 person likes this

Interesting! Although engineering something like that would be tough! Clear out the planet and then wait for your ally to 'feel like' attacking your enemy. Probably still get the bloody victory crash though.

Does anyone know what the original website address was for Civgaming Networks? (eg an old link to it somewhere). I can put it into the internet archive wayback machine and see what was backed up.

As for GeoModder.. I think I've found him at CivFinatics. Hasn't been on the site for a year but a PM might trigger an email that'll bring him back. Will give it a shot and if I can get a copy I'll get it hosted at CFC for you to link to in your library here.

3 hours ago, Blake00 said:

Does anyone know what the original website address was for Civgaming Networks? (eg an old link to it somewhere). I can put it into the internet archive wayback machine and see what was backed up.

Here is an old link to CGN:

http://www.civgaming.net/forums

I believe several people have tried searches before and have had no success. The owner of CGN was a player named buster: you might be able to contact him via a message sent from apolyton, if you have an account there. Alternatively, vyeh was an Admin at CGN, and you may be able to contact him at Civfanatics.

HTH,

D

2 people like this

Big update as I widened my search to get help from more communities out there and had some AWESOME responses from people so many thanks to everyone who's contacted me publicly and privately! I'm also starting to look more at newer Civilization games (4-6) and finding some good stuff. Someone pointed out that I should include a The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc) section and gave me several Civ scenarios for it I'd never heard of! I'm a huge TES fan so how could I say no! People also gave me some Warcraft scenarios so yup, we've got a new Warcraft section on the list too, hell maybe I should look at Starcraft while I'm at it too lol!

List updates...

Civ2:

Civ4:

• Have added the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack (built from FR) that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have added the Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have managed to obtain Dale's Age of Discovery scenario missing download file (thanks Dale & Solver at WePlayCiv) and preserve it on CFC.
  • Modied existing mention of Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in Colonization section (see below).

Civ4Col:

Civ5:

• Have added The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.
  • Have added Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in SMAC section (see below).

CivBE:

• Have added the Beyond Centauri (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.
  • Have added The Unity Project (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

Civ6:

FreeCiv:

• Have added Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added The Americas scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

AlphaC:

• Have added GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of the SMAC repository that Darsnan told me about in the SMAC like scenarios (even though I'm technically looking for SMAC themed Civ scenarios) section too.

Edited by Blake00
1 person likes this

Excellent! I'd say post it here, and for CFC I'll give Petek the heads up and have him take care of it there (edit: and I'll see about getting it attached to the thread at Apolyton as well).

Much thanx for your dedication on this! And I've added your name to the contributors to this project. :)

D

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Big update as it's been a while! I've been busy doing lots of searching and tracking down long lost mods & scenarios to rescue and upload. I've also added some new search categories of interest to me and made some big changes to existing ones...

• Merged C&C and Red Alert together to save space.
  • Merged Doom with Fallout & Mad Max under a new main Apocalypse category to save space & also added new Terminator, Judge Dredd, Zombies, & After WW3 to the Apocalypse category too.
  • Added a new Starcraft category and combined it with the existing Warcraft one to save space
  • Added a new Lunar/Moon category to the existing Mars Colonization one.
  • Added a new Final Fantasy category
  • Added a new Civ Crossover category (Mods that make a Civ game look like another Civ game) as I've been finding some good stuff for these and wonder if there's more out there!

Regarding that rescue work keeping me busy I recently started a huge new scenario catalog & rescue project creating proper download pages at CivFanatics (even rescuing lost scenarios that are not part of this search cause I'm nice like that lol), as well as extra scenario download mirror pages on ModDB and Internet Archive Library to ensure they don't get lost again as both those sites are long living & offer free hosting. At the moment I'm setting up Civ2 scenario libraries on these other sites but I look forward to setting up these library file mirrors for other Civ game scenarios in the future. Uploading to these sites is not hard (I've written guides in my thread) so I hope others follow my example and add to all these collections in the future to ensure all these amazing pieces of work live on!
431071-ed1ed8150cd81b7779253207859b5787.

List updates...

Civ2:

Civ2ToT:

Civ3:

Civ4:

Civ5:

FreeCiv:

AlphaC:

• Mars & Lunar - Missing download for GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario has been rescued by Geo himself! Thanks to Darsnan for fixing the link.

FreeMars:

• Mars & Lunar - Added mention of the really cool Civ/Col/AlphaC hybrid FreeMars Project game that's not finished but quite playable.

Edited by Blake00

Hey guys, been a while since the last project update again as I've been continuing work on my huge Civ2 search & rescue preservation project (which is why Civ2 mods dominate below) which is in its final stretch now as soon I’ll be moving onto to Test of Time, Civ3 & newer Civ games. I also took time away to finally start releasing my video series that all this preservation work feeds into which anyone interested can see the first episode on Playing Civ1 in HD with mods & Scenarios here. While Civ2 dominates this update below don’t worry guys, newer Civ games haven’t totally been neglected thanks to people replying to my threads with great discoveries and I’ve found a few on my own too!
440643-104c719c0dfe4ad4cbfa44177d1a71ac.

I swore I wouldn't add anymore categories to the search list but I have bowed to popular demand haha as many people asked me to add the Warhammer Franchise (Fantasy & 40K Scifi) and while I've sadly never played any of their games I can't help but notice there's some really really good Warhammer scenarios out there for various Civ games so I've added them to the list! This will likely annoy diehard fans of each respective franchise (I've seen some of the "they stole this off us" arguments lol) but I've combined the new Warhammer category with the existing Warcraft & Starcraft section to save space, sorry lol.

Oh and I've also added a new Missing scenarios & mods section to the bottom of the original thread post to better display the projects I've been unable to rescue so far. If you have one of them, please let me know!

List updates...

Civ2:

Civ2ToT:

Civ3:

Civ4:

Civ5:

Civ6: