Blake00

Civilization Series Favourite Scifi/Fantasy TC Scenarios & Mods Hunt

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Been a active member over at CivFinatics and Poly for years now making mods and helping other modders with hosting issues etc. Just discovered this place and thought I'd better join up! Especially as I’m currently on the  hunt for big Civilization game series total conversion scenarios which started with a focus on Civ2 & Civ3 (but am now expanding to Civ4, 5, 6 & spinoffs) relating to a whole bunch of my favourite fantasy & scifi movie/TV/gaming franchises. Been posting in a few Civ forums and getting great feedback, plus whenever someone has told me about an awesome scenario that’s disappeared over the years I’ve managed to track it down and bring it back from the dead to CivFinatics hosting, so helping me has helped the community. Hell in some rare cases I’ve even filled a gap by making the scenario myself haha!

Anyway I figured it was finally time to hit some of the other communities out there for help too . Many have already been found so make sure you check my list link below BEFORE making suggestions to save yourself time & effort lol!

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/scenario-hunt-mars-alphac-c-c-ra-dune-mom-col-moo-doom-b5-strek-swars-sgate-homm.657805/

At this stage I’m looking for Civ scenarios relating to Mars Colonization, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Dune, Master of Magic, Sid Meier's Colonization, Master of Orion, Doom, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Fallout, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, The Elder Scrolls, Warcraft and Heroes of Might & Magic.

If you can’t help me then maybe my list will still help you find something cool! :)

Edited by Blake00

Share this post


Link to post

Heah Blake00,

Featuring this for you so that more people will see this and hopefully help out with your project.

 

As far as Alpha Centauri is concerned, the Alteri Centauri was a project started by Illuminatus (a.k.a. Jack Hawksmoor) that was meant to gather all the SMACX scenarios into one repository so that it was available to all. The original version is located here:

https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/topic/6374-altera-centauri-the-smacx-scenario-repository/

I've been upkeeping it with additional scenarios as I find them, so it should be very comprehensive in that respect.

As far as Civ5 mods for Alpha Centauri, I really enjoyed Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/crazy-spatzs-alpha-centauri-mod.395463/

I've got over 2,000 hours into Civ5, and almost exclusively I used that mod while playing. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Spatzimaus didn't upkeep the mod against current patches or modpacks.

 

HTH,

D

 

 

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Darsnan said:

Heah Blake00,

Featuring this for you so that more people will see this and hopefully help out with your project.

 

As far as Alpha Centauri is concerned, the Alteri Centauri was a project started by Illuminatus (a.k.a. Jack Hawksmoor) that was meant to gather all the SMACX scenarios into one repository so that it was available to all. The original version is located here:

https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/topic/6374-altera-centauri-the-smacx-scenario-repository/

I've been upkeeping it with additional scenarios as I find them, so it should be very comprehensive in that respect.

As far as Civ5 mods for Alpha Centauri, I really enjoyed Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/crazy-spatzs-alpha-centauri-mod.395463/

I've got over 2,000 hours into Civ5, and almost exclusively I used that mod while playing. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Spatzimaus didn't upkeep the mod against current patches or modpacks.

HTH,

D

Wow thank you Darsnan! :)

While I'm hunting for Civ mods with a SMAC theme I wasn't looking for mods for SMAC itself however I did think about doing that a while back when I saw a Mars mod (which is one of my search categories) on the AlphaC2 forum, but sadly they never released it. Couldn't seem to find any other good respository of SMAC mods, just simple maps. So thank you for that list, I'll have to have a good look and see if there's any mods for it that fit under my franchises of interest haha.

Seriously playing Civ5 is still on my to do list, but I own it and plan to! Darn it looks like they took the files offline for the SMAC mod. That's a shame! Obliterating rare mod files is not good practice! I'll still give it a mention in my next update though.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Blake00 said:

 

Seriously playing Civ5 is still on my to do list, but I own it and plan to! Darn it looks like they took the files offline for the SMAC mod. That's a shame! Obliterating rare mod files is not good practice! I'll still give it a mention in my next update though.

I may still have Spatzimaus's mod on my computer - I'll give it a look when I get home (currently about 4,000 km from home, so it'll be awhile).

 

D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Darsnan said:

I may still have Spatzimaus's mod on my computer - I'll give it a look when I get home (currently about 4,000 km from home, so it'll be awhile).

 

D

Thanks man. All good if it takes a while, I'm not in a rush for Civ5 stuff anyway haha.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2020 at 4:42 AM, Darsnan said:

As far as Alpha Centauri is concerned, the Alteri Centauri was a project started by Illuminatus (a.k.a. Jack Hawksmoor) that was meant to gather all the SMACX scenarios into one repository so that it was available to all. The original version is located here:

https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/topic/6374-altera-centauri-the-smacx-scenario-repository/

 

Heh when I last visited I thought to myself "Darsnan.. why do I know that name?".. and now it's finally clicked. You made the playable Barbarians/Aliens scenario for me a while back haha! That's also going to be part of my video series with all the Civ stuff (turning into a multi year project lol).

I've finally had a good look through your repository and sure enough I've found a Mars scenario however sadly there's no download, there's a just a message from you saying the forum wouldn't let you attach the file. Is it hosted elsewhere by any chance?

Edited by Blake00

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Blake00 said:

 

Heh when I last visited I thought to myself "Darsnan.. why do I know that name?".. and now it's finally clicked. You made the playable Barbarians/Aliens scenario for me a while back haha! 

Yes, that was me. One other thing I've thought of regarding "getting the game to play right" is to initially pact you with one of the human Factions, and then allow that Faction to take the last human city - I wonder if that be a viable workaround for that end of game crash you were experiencing?

 

1 hour ago, Blake00 said:

 

I've finally had a good look through your repository and sure enough I've found a Mars scenario however sadly there's no download, there's a just a message from you saying the forum wouldn't let you attach the file. Is it hosted elsewhere by any chance?

Yeah that's gonna be tough. IIRC I followed up with some other people at the time and it appeared we all encountered the same problem that the source file was corrupted. And the site it came from (Civgaming Networks) no longer exists. You might try contacting the author (GeoModder) directly: not sure if he would respond, but its worth a shot.

 

D

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting! Although engineering something like that would be tough! Clear out the planet and then wait for your ally to 'feel like' attacking your enemy. Probably still get the bloody victory crash though.

 

Does anyone know what the original website address was for Civgaming Networks? (eg an old link to it somewhere). I can put it into the internet archive wayback machine and see what was backed up.

As for GeoModder.. I think I've found him at CivFinatics. Hasn't been on the site for a year but a PM might trigger an email that'll bring him back. Will give it a shot and if I can get a copy I'll get it hosted at CFC for you to link to in your library here.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Blake00 said:

Does anyone know what the original website address was for Civgaming Networks? (eg an old link to it somewhere). I can put it into the internet archive wayback machine and see what was backed up.

 

Here is an old link to CGN:

http://www.civgaming.net/forums

I believe several people have tried searches before and have had no success. The owner of CGN was a player named buster: you might be able to contact him via a message sent from apolyton, if you have an account there. Alternatively, vyeh was an Admin at CGN, and you may be able to contact him at Civfanatics.

HTH,

D

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Big update as I widened my search to get help from more communities out there and had some AWESOME responses from people so many thanks to everyone who's contacted me publicly and privately! I'm also starting to look more at newer Civilization games (4-6) and finding some good stuff. Someone pointed out that I should include a The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim etc) section and gave me several Civ scenarios for it I'd never heard of! I'm a huge TES fan so how could I say no! People also gave me some Warcraft scenarios so yup, we've got a new Warcraft section on the list too, hell maybe I should look at Starcraft while I'm at it too lol!

List updates...

Civ2:

Civ4:

  • Have added the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack (built from FR) that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have added the Fury Road (Mad Max) Modpack that LonelyLurker told me about to the list.
  • Have managed to obtain Dale's Age of Discovery scenario missing download file (thanks Dale & Solver at WePlayCiv) and preserve it on CFC.
  • Modied existing mention of Firaxis Civ4 Colonization game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in Colonization section (see below).

Civ4Col:

Civ5:

  • Have added The Elder Scrolls BNW Modpack that Gez told me about to the list.
  • Have added Spatzimaus's Alpha Centauri Modpack that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of Firaxis Civ Beyond Earth game to state that I'm giving it a seperate category in SMAC section (see below).

CivBE:

  • Have added the Beyond Centauri (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.
  • Have added The Unity Project (SMAC) Modpack that elektrizikekswerk told me about to the list.

Civ6:

FreeCiv:

  • Have added Azeroth scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Mars Terraformed scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added The Americas scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.
  • Have added Caribbean Colonization 1634 scenario (not a total conversion scenario though) to the list.

AlphaC:

  • Have added GeoModder's Mars Survivor scenario that Darsnan told me about to the list, however its download file is CURRENTLY MISSING so if anyone has it let me know and I'll put it on CFC!
  • Have added mention of the SMAC repository that Darsnan told me about in the SMAC like scenarios (even though I'm technically looking for SMAC themed Civ scenarios) section too.

.

Edited by Blake00
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Excellent! I'd say post it here, and for CFC I'll give Petek the heads up and have him take care of it there (edit: and I'll see about getting it attached to the thread at Apolyton as well).

 

Much thanx for your dedication on this! And I've added your name to the contributors to this project. :)

 

D

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now