Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Nikolai

Multiplayer stream Oct 20th on Twitch!

20 posts in this topic

This just in; Oct 20th, 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 8PM CET it's tome for a MULTIPLAYER stream on Twitch! :D

nxk1vzkdbgsx.jpg

nxk1vzkdbgsx.jpg

I'm checking with Pete on Reddit on the time used. Europe is on CEST now, not CET.:p

I'm checking with Pete on Reddit on the time used. Europe is on CEST now, not CET.:p

It's just CEST, they have been doing that wrong since announcement of civilization 6.

It's just CEST, they have been doing that wrong since announcement of civilization 6.

So, Donald, are you going to be part of this?? If so, we need to make sure that we have a cheering section set up for you...

So, Donald, are you going to be part of this?? If so, we need to make sure that we have a cheering section set up for you...

If you are, can I request you pick the Aztecs and stomp the ever loving living **** out of everyone? The Eagle Warrior is completely broken on paper (with the present info, it could have changed). 28 combat strength, with a leader ability that would bring that to 30 with just 2 amenities = swords from the get go. That just happen to give you free builders.

Hmmmm, I wonder if MP will be at launch or a day 1 patch? Not much of a reveal if a load of Australasians have already posted the MP options......

Most games these days get a day 0 patch, but I think it's a safe bet MP is in.:p

Most games these days get a day 0 patch, but I think it's a safe bet MP is in.:p

I don't think a form of multiplayer was ever in question. The shortened online simultaneous turns finish a game in one session stuff (which is the only thing spoke of at all so far) is not "civilization" in my book. That's Civ Rev.

To be fair, their product write up has always and still does say this

ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER:

In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

I was down on Civ5 well before release and I've tried to remain positive for Civ6 since I jumped on the hype train back in early August. I'm still hopeful for LAN, Hotseat and PBEM at the very least, maybe even PitBoss, but there definitely sounds like there will be more to it than the 3 hour modes.

Yep. And as such there is no reason to doubt we'll see traditional MP too.

Pitboss is a must if they want to convert (at least most of) the due-hard civ 4 mp bunch.

Yep. And as such there is no reason to doubt we'll see traditional MP too.

Define traditional.

Civ V, or prior?

last minute . com as per usual regards 2k/firaxis regards anything MP based :/

The only MP they're going to show is the crappy 3 hour CivRev mode. I doubt they'll bother showing anything else as it'll take too long and they only have an hour on stream.

It'll be up to me and the Zealanders to show you guys what MP options there are.

all I want to know is it maxed out with 4 players in a game...

Probably a 2 person hotsteat option is what is included....

The only MP they're going to show is the crappy 3 hour CivRev mode. I doubt they'll bother showing anything else as it'll take too long and they only have an hour on stream.

It'll be up to me and the Zealanders to show you guys what MP options there are.

Yes, lets :D

Just finished watching the MP stream. We've got to find a way to MP together. Any way!!!