Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unorthodox

What did Uno find this morning?

17 posts in this topic

So.

As you might be aware, we've had an extremely dry winter here. Not epicly or anything, and last year's wet winter filled the reservoirs, so it's not drought talk, but the storm rolling in last night was a welcome sight.

And, while it brought plenty of wind with the rain, I was happy my new roof held up great (hasn't been hot enough to totally seat the shingles) and mostly just enjoyed the smells and sounds last night.

Well, I woke up this morning, and heading out the door I spy something in the lawn. I eye the garbages, since it's garbage day, and no one's has tipped over. So I turn back, and my first thought was "basketball". This roughly round, light brown...THING...in the yard. But, it was clearly not ROUND, and must be flat/low. Then I notice there are MORE.

5 little lumps, roughly the same shape/size in my yard. This isn't some stray balls.

Knowing my shed door is yet to be fixed, and while I had the door weighted to prevent it, I make mental note of all my Halloween props that could fit and are light enough to easily take flight. I'm coming up empty, and as I'm approaching these things, they appear mottled...almost like paper mache, or maybe it was some packaging left over from when I did the roof?

No, the shingles come in plastic bags, not paper...vent covers were boxes not round things....This was nothing I had made

Approaching I notice one of them appears to have a jagged hole in it. Almost circular. Another seems to have some smaller holes. Even more confused, and pushing back thoughts of spalien eggs (yeah, I'm like that), I come up on the first one....

What were they?

Additional clues:

They came from my yard.

There's been pictures of them on this board.

I had no idea this was possible.

I intend to research it and see if I can purposely make some.

I was going to guess a mama desert tortoise and a herd of young until you mentioned a hole in each of them.

previously impaled skulls?

those-orange-things-of-which-the-name-eludes-me-at-the-moment after hitting a fence?

those candles/oillights with different colors you use?

:excited: I am curious now btw!

Your yard is an ancient alien crash site and the electrical storm last night woke up some of there widgets.

Tweenhucs, a family flock, its mating season.

Actually only so much stuff comes from a yard, such as grass and leaves. Neither has jagged or round holes.

Why not tell us wtf they are Uno, and let us be mystified with you? :expect:

Edited by Lancer

Unfortunately we had more wind while I was at work and many of them broke up.

Here's a chunk of one.

IMG_6187.JPG

Seriously, you see 5 of these things in the yard at 5 AM, what would you THINK was going on?

IMG_6188.JPG

Kinda sweet this one still has my daugher's name.

IMG_6189.JPG

IMG_6190.JPG

All you need now is some cow patties to grow them on...

Looks like what's left of some pumpkins, yeah.

(and the spots are presumably mold or something else eating away at what's left?)

I still don't know what that is. They might have taken over Uno, and the spalien in control could say its anything to protect the incoming armada of those... t h i n g s.

Or it could be moldy pumpkins that have taken over Uno. :dunno:

Sorry ET, I hit my Silly threshold and can go no further. ;)