Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Locutus

Artemis: WePlayCiv Pitboss Server

416 posts in this topic

Don't be so hard on him just because of a few glitches like this. He's still in beta, that's all. ;)

Should have been a private beta, with some hand picked guinea pigs having to deal with him! ;)

:lol:

I'm to blame. I play my Gods and Heroes or other diplo games and then leave for awhile, and when I come back, I am so eager to play my games I forget that I still have a mod loaded. Call it civ stupidity, call it seniors moments (although I don't think I qualify quite yet), and I know it is not excessive alcohol consumption, as I do it well before my first drink in the evening, it may be just my general life busy-ness, whatever, I apologize.

As I have done it 3 times now, I promise to pay waaaay more attention to what mod is or isn't loaded. Thanks to Rob for his patience. :b: And yes - PYT looks seriously pooched for a number of games, not just this,

Speaking of mods - anybody played the Charlemagne mod yet. Would make a great 5 player game. :b:

Al fixed, I hope, although PYT will no doubt be weird until the turn rollover....

Please check your Charisma game folks, some may need to replay?

Hey Beta, may I suggest creating two desktop icons....one that specifically loads G&H and one for regular play. Then whenever you're finished with your G&H turn you just make sure to go all the way out and load up the regular one. That way you'll always know which one you're on. That is how I did it when I was playing DoE.

..... sorry .... :o

...thx Rob .... :o

Hey Beta, may I suggest creating two desktop icons....one that specifically loads G&H and one for regular play. Then whenever you're finished with your G&H turn you just make sure to go all the way out and load up the regular one. That way you'll always know which one you're on. That is how I did it when I was playing DoE.

That makes good sense, and makes me feel less like an old person than having reminder notes sitting around. :D

:) Also, with the separate shortcut not only the names will be different, but it can load the correct mod automatically for you each time ;)

In case you didn't see it in the ACtA thread:

Having a lot of trouble connecting right now. First I was booted by Zoid's firewall, and now I can't even connect to the server. :(

Same here. And PYT shows Zoid as being logged in. Looks like the same issue he had when I was hosting Hyperion.

Will get to this in T-4 hours......

ACtA is back up!

There seems to be a problem with Endymion. PYT shows E_T as being logged in. When I tried to access the game, it got stuck on the finishing screen. I had to use the task manager to end civ4, and now cannot connect to the game. :(

Seems to be working fine this end! :nod:

They all seem to be working fine. I did notice a bit of a speed issue this morning when I tried to get on, but they are all definitely working.

Try again Fed! :D

I'm timing out on Endymion as well. Can anybody else access the game?

I've saved and reloaded Endymion - 15 hours to go.

Please try again gents and report back if you still have no joy.

PYT might be a bit screwy until the turn rolls over.....

NO MODS BETA!!! ;)

Just tried, ACtA, Endymion and Terra Incongnita all times out.

Still timing out on Endymion. No mod. :)

Just tried, ACtA, Endymion and Terra Incongnita all times out.

Agreed. Epic Name as well. :(

t....i....m....e....d............o....u....t........

I'll have a look when I get home as this looks like being more than a quick fix from work.

If I have no luck from home then it might need Donald, or even Locutus to have a look - I have already PMed them.....

Agreed. Epic Name as well. :(

Same with DoE2. :(