Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Buster's Uncle

Smilies

1,234 posts in this topic

Jesus Christ. (smilie idea) Has no one read the OP?

I did now...

Yes I have, and I agree with the OP. Even the bit about one might be implemented if it's good enough.

In practice, I notice that that's a highly subjective standard. Sorry, but the Mighty Ban Hammer is hardly better than everything that hasn't been implemented.

You act like you own the place, you know that?

:jesusCHRIST:

This here one has flexible meaning, according to context and whether it's Nikolai using it or one of y'all heatherns.

JesusCHRIST.gif

Wow, and they look a great deal alike, too, aside from the halo. I had to back up a page and have another look at mine to see any other difference.

:jesusCHRIST:

Lance, I fiddled with the rolleyes smilie and got the first attachment. I wasn't wild with the result, so I drew the second attachment from scratch. Both are enlarged from 16x16 to 20x20, which is small enough, thank you.

Do you think either is legible enough? Do I need to go even simpler? Did I go overboard with the shading in the second?

PiMan, keeping in mind that us old guys just can't make out the one in place, what do you think? It's tough trying to please everyone.

I note that I prefer the exasperated expression on the second. IMAO, the first sugarcoats it too much.

(Seeing them on the screen in their proper context, I'd say that either will do fine.)

:rolleyes:

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes2.gif

Your point, O' Glorious Maniac? That rolleyes looks more like he's blinking or nodding.

rolleyes.gif

Actually, I prefer this one.

I'm sure I can animate something better if you'll tell me why why you prefer it.

Fits the style of the default smilies.

Plus I've been looking at it for ten years already. Call me a conservative if you will. :scared:

Let me have a go at that one, then. It's almost legible, which I can probably improve without great alteration, and the eye-roll animation could be better.

Let's try to make everyone happy. That's always best when if you can.

Here it is 25% bigger, with the animation timed better and the optimized to get the file size down. It's reduced from 16 frames to six, and I left all the action in. I added just a little shading, too.

Lance? this was your idea- hmmm?

Compare the attachment to the original above it.

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes3.gif

His eyes look weird in the attached one tbh.

When he rolls his eyes, there are circles that trail right behind his solid black eyes.

I just had a look at it at 400% to see if I was missing something. I don't see what you're talking about.

Interestingly enough, I didn't touch the eyes. I enlarged the whole thing, added a little shading, improved the timing and optimized the animation- didn't alter the eyes at all.

It's only there for a small amount of time, but I notice it every time.

I think maybe I know what you're seeing. Gimme a minute to fix it.

Yep, it's fixed. His eyes stay at the top just a tad longer, but I think it's better than the first one you did. :b: