Enjoy the new WePlayCiv theme!

Any feedback is welcome, just go to this topic: 

Alinestra Covelia

"My Life Is Average" thread

1,307 posts in this topic

Ding ding ding! We have a win by committee! Four meanings in two little letters. -Not a bit intentionally vague, either.

I take my comedy too seriously.

MLIA

It always shocks me that so much of Americas power goes to those things. You hardly ever see them here, but that makes sense given the temperature...

Yeah, most of Europe's energy consumption is supposed to happen in winter. The USA though... ;)

Yeah, most of Europe's energy consumption is supposed to happen in winter. The USA though... ;)

That's one of the reasons Canadian's energy consumption is so high. Very cold winters and hot summers. We need to "condition" our air year round.

Nagh, you guys just won't take the effort or pulling off your sweater during summer. ;)

Seriously, are south-Canadian summers warmer then 25-30° C?

We generally range from 20-30 although 30+ is not uncommon in the summer. So, yes.

Fake London is on a latitude south of many US cities.

Yeah, but 'fake?' London still has a warm and moist breeze coming in from over the Atlantic.

Yeah, but 'fake?' London still has a warm and moist breeze coming in from over the Atlantic.

That would have to be one hell of a breeze since we are 1000's of kms from the ocean...

My error. I was thinking of the "real" London. ;)

http://www.london.ca/

I call it "Fake London" because all our place names correspond with real London (i.e. We have a Thames river and I live on Trafalgar Street...). Kind of pathetic actually. :(

Why fake London? Where are you referring to?

Way back in the 1970's we had a TV show called Archie Bunker. Archie worked in a warehouse in New York. One day he comes home "I'm gonna be fired. The boss told me to send a shipment to London. I sent it to London, England"

Ah, I think there's a village in the US somewhere called London, too.

http://www.london.ca/

I call it "Fake London" because all our place names correspond with real London (i.e. We have a Thames river and I live on Trafalgar Street...). Kind of pathetic actually. :(

New London, Ct is also on the Thames, though IIRC they pronounce it as if it rhymed with "James", and began with the same sound as "that".

Connecticut also has or had a Shakespeare festival, in Stratford, Ct, and IIUC Stratford, Ontario also has one.

Vienna,Virginia has ONE lousy fake austrian coffee shop, though, IIRC.

So we took POTM on a college tour to see RPI, which is in Troy, NY.

QOTM - "wow, the Greeks really did a number on this place"

Zoid, does the talk about depression coping-strategies have any bearing on you?

I want you to know that we care about you, okay?

I'm trying to make sure that a friend isn't worse off than he sounds, just to be on the safe side.

MLIA

Edited by Buster's Uncle
grammar nazi

Connecticut also has or had a Shakespeare festival, in Stratford, Ct, and IIUC Stratford, Ontario also has one.

Stratford is 15 minutes down the highway from here. I get my yearly dose of "high culture" there every August.

I saw that episode of South Park. Were you there when they shot it?

Do you really have a trashcan-lid head?

Zoid' date=' does the talk about depression coping-strategies have any bearing on you?

I want you to know that we care about you, okay?

I'm trying to make sure that a friend isn't worse off than he sounds, just to be on the safe side.

MLIA[/quote']

I feel the love mate, tx! :love:

No sweat; you matter.

Mentions of depression should always be taken seriously.

I just had my first voice conversation over the innerwebs.

I suppose these days, that means MLIA.

The snow predicted this morning was only drizzle. I drove Momma to the doctor and back with no trouble. Blue sky out the window now.

MLIA

My brother is getting paranoid that he's developing a beer belly.

I decided he needed immediate cheering up, and so I started calling him "The Proddable Son".

This did not improve his spirits.

MLIA.

My brand-new addiction, the Neptune's Pride is having a server break-down problem.

And I am totally grumpy about it...

MLIA.