Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Europa Universalis IV - Shaping up fine

Downloads
    Uploads

Darn right we will! Coincidentally, "trump" in Norwegian has several meanings. It can mean "big, heavy and stiff being", "difficult person", "gunstock" (!), but it can also mean "coercion". Fun fact, eh?
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
    (Zephania 3.17)

Immortal Guide of Apocalypto Rhoth's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heh. Sounds apt.

In my previous game the Commonwealth was run by Trumpian politics: Attack everyone and who cares about the consequences.

Downloads
    Uploads

And done. Baden allied Spain so all it took was declaring war on Baden. I crushed them and their OPM allies in the north, occupied their lands, and then headed down to Spain. After a few quick sieges (having a 4 pip siege leader is quite nice) I crushed their army and occupied Toledo. Click! HRE is gone.

Probably not going to continue the game. All of my focus has been in the north and the Mare Nostrum achievement requires heavy focus in the Mediterranean. It would be better to start as Castile or Aragon to get that achievement.

Thinking about doing a few easy achievements I've been ignoring so that they don't keep showing up in my possible achievements list.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good idea. And congarats on destroying the HRE!
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
    (Zephania 3.17)

Downloads
    Uploads

Played a few really quick games for some achievements that tend to show up as available on all games. The one to get your dynasty on the throne of 8 nations literally took about 5 minutes (start as France and release vassals, then change them over). I also did the one to form a colonial nation, then release and play as the colony and vassalize the former overlord. It's fairly easy too, just play as one of the OPMs of the Spice Islands and colonize Australia. I basically had the game on speed 5 and did nothing except colonize until the colony formed into a nation, and taking over an OPM former overlord isn't difficult.

Then I decided to try my hand at Ceylon again.

This time though I got the start I was looking for. In other words Vijayanagar didn't attack me within 5 years of the start of the game. I went in with the plan of just trying to survive long enough to start colonizing and then try to build up a power base in the Malacca area and move my capital there if I had to, and then come back when I was stronger. I did attack the Maldives again and conquered it, but as per usual Vijayanagar was hostile to me and warned me not to attack any of the OPMs on the southern tip of India, nor could I attack their vassal that shared the island of Ceylon with me. I did manage to gain Orissa as an ally, and was working on Bahmanis, but just as I finally secured the royal marriage that would bump me up high enough in regard to secure a full alliance with Bahmanis they rivaled Orissa and then wouldn't accept the alliance.

But that turned out to be a giant boon. Within a few months Vijayanagar attacked Bahmanis, and if I'd been their ally I would have been pulled into the war and probably ruined. They fought for a while, going back and forth with occupations, but ultimately it looked like Vijayanagar was going to eventually win, but be hurt in the process, hopefully enough where I could start my colonization unhindered. I went merrily along and finally unlocked exploration ideas with the intent to start colonizing. But then Orissa got into the act and declared war on one of Vijayanagar's allies. Now they had two wars going and after a bit they wouldn't enforce their warning against me if I attacked Venad, one of the OPMs that had no alliances. So I did that.

And then looked around and Vijayanagar was losing both of their wars now, had two stacks of rebels wandering about, their military had waned to barely more than my own, and their manpower was nearly zero. Eddie Mercury may have lived in Bombay, not Sri Lanka, but it was time to channel Queen and break free (of my island). I hid my fleet (they had naval superiority) and declared war on Vijayanagar and started occupying the war goal of Madurai (the province with the strait crossing into Ceylon). I also merced up a bit, going over my force limit and paying a good bit of extra money that I could only afford because I had recently taken all of Venad's money when I occupied them. Vijayanagar naturally winged its way directly toward me and ignored its other wars, but I was prepared and managed to catch him in a defensive (for me) province with a superior general and smashed him.

I also caught out half of his navy and smashed it for awhile until the other half showed up, then retreated to repair, then would poke out when he had only part of his navy blockading that province in order to do more damage until I was close to losing a ship and then retreat to heal up again. It cost a bit of war score, but I didn't lose ships and he did, which meant while I lost battles I was winning the attrition war, and eventually I killed one of his heavies and had naval superiority.

His army retreated behind a fort so I decided to head back onto Ceylon to harass his vassal's capital. For the peace deal I wanted I would need to siege down two forts, but he still had an army floating around and I didn't want to split mine to siege both at the same time. Ultimately though I managed to rid him of his army when he came back down into land I could reach, and then had free rein to siege wherever I could. Ultimately I settled for the peace deal I wanted: taking the vassal's province on Ceylon, Madurai and the province next to it (the latter two were both 20 development provinces, and next to a couple more 20 development provinces that held trade centers for my trade node).

That was just the beginning of my troubles though....
    Last edited by Rhoth; 19-02-17 at 17:44.

Downloads
    Uploads

Apparently at some point Vijayanagar increased the autonomy in both of the 20 development provinces to 100. Which of course meant that even when fully cored the autonomy wouldn't drop down to 40 and would take forever to tick down to manageable. It also meant I couldn't do anything about the 20 unrest ( my religious unity fell to 20%, along with the normal separatism and different culture/religion maluses) in each province and within a few months I had rebels to the tune of two stacks of 9 rise up. For reference my force limit was 8 at the time, because of the 100 autonomy, and I actually had 9 troops. Luckily they were two stacks not one, and the area that they were trying to liberate included a few provinces in Vijanagar so they kept crossing over there, allowing me an opportunity to take back the provinces. This continued for a bit, and then I lost a battle vs the rebels and had to retreat, losing most of the rest of my manpower. Vijayanagar also attacked the rebels on occasion which afforded me some time, but money and manpower were starting to become an issue again. Eventually I was able to catch one of the armies in favorable terrain with my good general and stackwiped it, which allowed me more time to rest up and then do the same for the other rebel army. Those rebels were very costly though. They did more damage to me than Vijayanagar's entire army in the war to take those two provinces.

Because of the low funds I couldn't start colonizing right away, but eventually things evened out a bit and I was able to start. I didn't have enough colonial range to go right to the province I wanted to start with (at the southern tip of the large island in Malacca where I would end up having neighbors to attack), so I colonized a small island to my east that would allow me to start claims on the northern tip of Pasai (in the same large island) which held a trade center for the Malacca node.

My manpower had stabilized now and I had secured another alliance with Malabar (a two province minor) and decided to attack the alliance of Kochin and Madurai (yes the nation of Madurai doesn't start in the province of Madurai), both of whom were my rivals. They had two other allies too, but one of them wouldn't help so ultimately we only had to face nations. It took a little while, but we won and I was able to peace out Madurai for their initial capital (he held another province that had defected to him from Vijanagar from the rebels earlier), humiliation and money, that third nation for money (we didn't share a border), and Kochin for full annexation and money. Things were looking up in the money department.

I settled in for a bit, fighting off the occasional rebels, including another large 2-stack of Madurai rebels that rose up, but again they split their time between me and Vijanagar and ultimately they just cost me money and manpower to destroy. My initial colony finished and I now had enough range to get into the main Malacca island. so I started colonizing there. My tech pace had slowed down as the Renaissance is of course not showing up in Ceylon very quickly. I thought about trying to use development to speed it along, but it was only giving me 1.5% pace for each development point, so I would have had to spend a ton of development to get it to appear.

Instead I bit the bullet a bit and teched up again, to level 7, in order to get my 2nd idea group. Initially I was planning on taking religious ideas, because a part of the Ceylon achievement is not only conquering all of India, but converting it to Therevada Buddhism. I just don't really care for the religious idea group very much though. It is decidedly average though. The permanent CB is decent, but I could also just forge claims. The final bit of 2% missionary strength vs. heretics wouldn't be all that useful until I got into the eastern area as much of India was Muslim, not Buddhist or even Hindu. The only real benefit of the group for quite awhile would be the +3% base missionary strength, and that wouldn't even come until idea 4.

So I decided to take the other route and go Humanist ideas early. I wasn't large yet, which is when Humanist really shines, but every single idea in the group has value. The first one gives +25% religious unity, which staves off the unrest and corruption of low unity. The second one gives a flat -2 bonus to unrest; the third a +3 tolerance of heretics (useful later); and the 4th a -10 years of separatism, which is one of the more valuable since that is basically a -5 bonus to unrest in a newly conquered province. It finishes out with +2 max promoted cultures (can be good later), +30% bonus to improve relations (great for burning off AE), and +3 tolerance of heathens (great for the Muslims I would be conquering), with the finisher being a -10% idea cost (great). My base missionary strength wouldn't be as good, but I already had a base 5%, and when combined with an inquisitor advisor and 2 points of stability that is at 8%, which is enough to convert a 20 development province in around 30 months, which is an acceptable rate. Especially if all of the bonuses to unrest were involved so that I'm not worried about big stacks of rebels rising up to destroy my manpower and budget.

So yeah I declined going Religious ideas and took Humanist instead. I think ultimately it will be far better in the long run, even though I will need to convert every province in India for the achievement. If conversion time does become a problem later I can always decide to take Religious ideas then, but for now Humanist is so much more useful in keeping my nation stable and not spending money and manpower on putting down rebellions.

More to come later...

Downloads
    Uploads

Great read.
    (Zephania 3.17)

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I think that's pretty much it. Things were going okay and then Bahmanis declared on my ally Orissa. I didn't realize where my fleet was when I accepted the call to arms and lost 90% of it. My army was in Pasai and I couldn't get back so they occupied my entire core. To get out of the war I had to annul my alliance with Orissa and give them 200+ gold, taking out several loans to do it.

This then started a death spiral. Mahajrit allied Vijayanagar and since I only had a small ally left they then attacked me. I had started ferrying my troops back over to my core when I got caught out by a far superior navy that I didn't see, leaving some forces in my core, some in Pasai, and some dead in the water. My force in Pasai then got stackwiped when they landed troops. I almost won the battle, which might have saved the entire war spiral, but they managed to land more troops about 2 days before I would have won the battle, so I lost it all.

And then Malacca and Ayuthayya attacked me.

I started putting an army of mercs together in my core and managed to destroy Vijayanagar's troops enough to buy a white peace, but I had no navy left and couldn't challenge the three navies that were stacked against me at all anyway. And neither would settle for anything less than me giving up every single province I had except my two originals.

Eventually they started landing in my core in pieces and I started getting positive war score. But I had to wait a long time for it to happen, take out many loans and buy down my war exhaustion a bunch of times. Eventually the war had gone on long enough with Malacca and they had lost enough troops that I was able to white peace them out. And with two navies gone I was able to sneak a troop onto Mahajrit's war goal and remove the ticking war score, and get a white peace out of it. But by now my loans were out of control (16!) and my war exhaustion matched it, and I couldn't buy down war exhaustion anymore as my diplomacy points had run out (my ruler had a 0 in diplomacy).

I was starting to get things a little bit put together again and managed an alliance with Bahmanis. But I started getting one bad event after another, requiring me to either spend more money (I had none to spend) or create more unrest. I was preparing to try to attack Pasai and his ally (having built 5 new cogs and ferried my army over to the islands), who both had a boatload of ducats in the bank that I could hopefully take and pay back some of my loans, when two rebellions broke out in my capital. I had to ferry the army back and bring those under control, then Bahmanis attacked Vijayanagar and pulled me in (halting my war exhaustion decay). I had just about finished helping in that war (they gave me 3 provinces, but I probably should have just taken none by transferring control back to them) when 3 more revolts broke out in the islands. I handled one, and was ferrying over my troops to take care of the other when that army suddenly decided to go player hunting while my army was split and stackwiped it. Meanwhile the third revolt moved from the Maldives into my home and I now don't have enough troops to take care of them both.

Got fed up with the constant slog of bad **** and rage quit. Seriously ever since Orissa got me into that war and I lost my navy I haven't had anything go right. I have I think 22 or 23 loans now (to the tune of around 2000 or so ducats), and will have to take out more to replace my army yet again. I can't even remove one of the revolts because I can't get enough troops ferried over at one time to avoid another stackwipe. And unless I find some way to get all that taken care of and once again try to attack Pasai and their ally for money there is no way I can pay back the loans. The interest alone is getting close to everything I make now.

Oh and my good 12 point heir had an event death and my ruler is now in his 60s and hasn't spawned another heir in almost 20 years.

I can take setbacks when they happen, but when they just keep happening over and over and over and the entire game has turned into a setback and nothing good happens to the point where I'm getting close to bankruptcy, it's tough to take. I've not gotten a single decently positive event (i.e one that actually makes any difference) and at least 10 "bad" or "worse" choice events in the past few in-game years. If I do go bankrupt I will lose everything because I won't have any army morale and I can't protect myself anymore.
    Last edited by Rhoth; 20-02-17 at 01:56.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow,

Sounds like fun, not.

I really do not like it when you get one after another bad event, with 0 good ones mixed in.

You are playing on the hard setting still?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the hard setting. I'm not sure if that effects events or not though. I know that it effects diplomacy with AI. They have an automatic -20 malus to taking diplomacy items with you (alliances and royal marriages, which is why it's so difficult to actually get them as Ceylon since there are other maluses like different religion and different culture). I thought that it affected AI war desire too.

I'm probably going to try at it again after work today. Needed to take a break and do something else for the rest of yesterday after the soul-crushing, continuous bad that was happening in-game.

Downloads
    Uploads

All right, so I've played about 20 years on and things are still going crappy, though a little better. I lost all of my Pasai provinces (thanks Malacca, you're an ass for going 3 military techs over everyone else in the region), but just managed to take almost all of them back (though that means more unrest). I've managed to pay my loans down to 12 (worth 1200 ducats), but I'm still way in the hole there. I also managed to get a good 12 point heir that actually survived this time (though I had to spend 12 years with a regent and then regency council, and neither topped 4 points for that entire time). I spent most of my excess monarch points on development in order to bring Colonialism to Ceylon (you're welcome all my neighbors).

The biggest problem is that **** storm of bad events continues. In the 20 years I've played since rage quitting I've gotten exactly one positive event that makes any difference (that gave me 50 bonus ducats). I've received seven (7!) "hey we see you owe the bank a ton of money, let's give you an event that you can choose either a negative stability hit or pay another 100 or so ducats" events. And two "oh hey we see you just spend all of your admin points, give us 50 more or pay 25 ducats and gain a point of corruption". The "here's some plague" event that just happened to me that cost me only 20 ducats was mild in comparison.

ONE POSITIVE EVENT! No "hey here's a free point of stability, enjoy" events. Nothing.

If I could just get a handle on the debt I racked up, I might be able to still make a go of this, but with my debt interest taking nearly half my income, the only way I can get more money is to go to war.

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got one positive stability event.

I'm also working my way through the relatively rich and not quite so powerful nations off to the east. Trying to rebuild my navy before paying off too many loans. Part of the reason why I'm not making as much money as I could is lack of navy.

Still have a powerful ally in Bahmanis too, and a lot of favors. Thinking about trying to do some war on the continent again instead of the islands, but really Vijanagar (now a 2 province nation protected by Orissa) is the only available target since one of my neighbors is an ally and the other is protected by Bahmanis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely glad I decided to stick with it. Things have changed quite a bit since I started conquering the smaller nations with money. I was able to rebuild my fleet with the captured funding, which helped my trade income. Those small nations, especially the two nations with the extra 3 base production modifiers really boosted my income too. It took a while, but I was able to pay off every single loan. I was then finally able to start building a few buildings that made sense (churches, etc. in the high base tax provinces).

I've conquered a bit more than that too, though. On the mainland Orissa got uppity and ended up on the losing end of a war with Bahmanis, which allowed me to take over Coromandel from Vijananagar (who is now dead), which lead into capturing even more territory from Orissa later when they came to the aid of someone else. My now tiny ally Malabar decided to insult me right after our royal marriage ended so I annulled the alliance, waited the five years, and took their capital. I now own 4 of the 6 trade provinces in the Ceylon node, which is good for a 60% control of the node, even without any trade ships patrolling around. It would be nicer if I owned some of the Bengal node, which feeds Ceylon. I can't really capture any of the trade provinces in the Bengal node because they're all owned by Bengal the country, one of my two allies, but I put all of my trade ships in that node and am building more and more to capture more of that node.

And that's in part because I'm getting closer to owning all of the trade provinces in the Malacca node, which feeds Bengal, as well as now owning all of the trade provinces in the Moluccas and the Philippines, which feed Malacca (thanks Tidore for colonizing Manila and then letting me have it). I'm having to ferry my troops around a lot, but it's been worth it. Now that I've turned the corner I'm actually making between 15 and 20 ducats a month now. Considering where I was at the end of yesterday, when I was flirting within 2 loans of bankruptcy, I'd say I've definitely been able to turn it around. The only thing I'm really working on now is trying to power my corruption down with maxed out spending. Because I was unable to pay for it for a while, and then my good 12 point ruler developed the embezzler trait (+.05 yearly corruption), it has been floating close to 3 points lately. I now have it down to 1.5 and dropping fast.

I'll eventually have to start annulling my alliances as I continue to move deeper into India proper, as there are now only about three provinces that are adjacent to me that are not owned by an ally, but I want to continue building a power base in the islands first. I could probably take Bahmanis now, if he didn't also have other allies, but I want to be a little cautious on that and solidify my other areas first. That will be a little more difficult as the Ottomans have shown up. Yep, they went full colonizer in this game. First time I've ever seen it. They've now colonized three provinces in Malacca, and are working on two more. I'm kind of annoyed about that as they also have a larger fleet than mine floating around too, as well as their normal giant army. Luckily I own all but two of the really important provinces already. I have a hunch I'll eventually have to tangle with them, so it's probably time I started building some heavy ships, even though they will cost a bit. Right now my fleet is all trade ships and transports.

Downloads
    Uploads

(Zephania 3.17)

WPC Janitor / Administrator Penry's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....
    For all you Civ6 informational needs, consult The Civ 6 Compendium - your Civilization 6 index.

Downloads
    Uploads

Was thinking about it a bit, and maybe it's a good thing that the Ottomans have shown up. I actually want to try to get them happy and then they may start spreading the institutions to me quicker than I would otherwise receive them. The Printing Press is currently not even close to coming over to India, and I don't have the backlog of monarch points to spend boosting it into existence in a province again.

Interestingly enough I have yet to see any of the normal colonizers show up (Portugal, Spain, France and England). I wouldn't mind seeing Portugal get its event to transfer Goa to its control. The spread rate of the institutions would be much faster than the Ottomans.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thinking about it a bit more, I think I want to try to colonize west a little bit too, if possible, at least up to nearby Cape. I'm primarily focused on The Buddhists Strike Back achievement, which is to conquer all of India as Ceylon and convert it to Therevada Buddhism. The other one I wanted was Land of Eastern Jade, which is to have a core province in Mexico, as a Buddhist nation. Since I'm a colonizer that shouldn't be difficult, I just need to keep increasing my colonial range and head up through Alaska eventually. Or wait until I have diplo tech 23 and use the Imperialism CB on a nation over there

There is another achievement considered "very hard" (like Buddhists Strike Back) called The Sun Never Sets on the Indian Empire that requires you to form Bharat or Hindustan and own or have a subject own London, Cape, Canton and Kichesipi (Ottawa). I can't form Bharat until I have the first achievement, as I have to stay Ceylon for that one or it gets invalidated, but I can form Bharat after I get that one. I'm not currently sure who owns Cape as my exploration efforts got stifled for the past 75 or so years, but I have the ship base where I can afford to send some off now to keep exploring. Conquering Cape and Canton shouldn't be too difficult (Ming imploded as usual so they're not the wall of troops anymore). Colonizing or conquering Kichesipi will take a while, but it's doable too since I'm a colonizer nation and will be leaping into North America at some point anyway for a core in Mexico.

That just leaves conquering London. I don't think I'd be able to do that before getting the Imperialism CB. I actually wouldn't even need coring range either as I could immediately release it as a brand new client state vassal. I think it's doable, assuming I have the first achievement in hand in a timely manner. Conquering London would probably be the very last step, but by then I'd own all of India and certainly have the power base to challenge them.

I just received my first "very hard" achievement in my Commonwealth game (directly holding 1001 provinces). I could potentially get two in this game, if all goes well. That wouldn't be too bad for starting out as a 2 province, 12 development nation in a backwater that almost never survives in most games because of the local big bad Vijayanagar. And with the way things were looking as recently as Sunday afternoon, that would be very nice to pull off both achievements.

EDIT: Never mind all that. I just checked and I have to be Hindu, not Buddhist for that achievement. One of my potential decisions was to form Bharat, but I never looked at the religious requirement before. I don't think I have the opportunity to change my primary religion.
    Last edited by Rhoth; Yesterday at 17:14.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ceylon continues. Apparently the wiki was wrong, because I checked in game last night and I can form Bharat without needing to be Hindu. So I still might be able to get two very-hard achievements with this game. Forming Bharat would be the last thing I do in game though.

I just passed the year 1600 and also finally got a look at Europe. It's kind of amusing. France never absorbed Burgundy. Brandenburg blobbed out a bit, but hasn't formed Prussia. Pomerania conquered the Teutonic Order (not Poland), but then lost it's original core to Brandenburg. Bohemia was mostly conquered by Saxony, but Saxony then lost most of it's core area to Trier of all nations, who blobbed out in the middle of the HRE. The Ottomans did their normal blobbing, but are currently losing a war to Poland/Lithuania, who has not formed the Commonwealth yet. Spain did absorb Aragon, but apparently missed out on Naples, who is independent. Lots of fun stuff that doesn't often happen.

I just finally received Printing Press in 1601 (thanks to the Ottomans), right before Global Trade started up in Lubeck (I've gotten the Ceylon node up to the 4th ranked trade node, but couldn't get higher before the institution spawned). France just settled a colony island close to my Molucca provinces, so hopefully Global Trade will get to me a lot faster than Printing Press did (I'm hopeful that I will be the one to spawn the last two institutions as I've already started building several manufactories, and I will build several universities too. Even if I'm not the one that spawns the last two though, just having manufactories and universities works for building up the institution, even if you're far away from the initial location. They are the two easiest to spread, as long as you have the money to build at least a few of the buildings. My economy isn't as good as it could be yet, but it is starting to snowball more and more. I'm getting enough money to build the high-return manufactories in the Ceylon node, which then increases my income even more for both production and trade.

After getting Printing Press, I finally was able to tech up again. I'd been holding back my monarch points because of the 50% malus from not having it. I'm not up to tech 15 in admin and tech 16 in the other two, which is almost caught up with Europe, as tech 17 is now not ahead of time. I've been at peace for a bit lately and am trying to power through and get to tech 17 across the board before Global Trade makes it too expensive. Admin is the most important for that as it is the first rank of administrative efficiency, but I've been behind in admin points because of the coring I've been doing.

I'm thinking I may need to go with Religious ideas after all though, for my 4th idea group (haven't taken it yet because of trying to power through the techs before the institution penalty gets worse). Humanist was definitely the right call early on, and has kept my realm mostly stable with its various modifiers to unrest and separatism, but it's starting to get much more difficult to convert the Sunni provinces because of the malus. With my base 5% missionary strength and 1.5% from 3 stability, it's not too difficult to convert the Hindu and Animist provinces, but the Sunni provinces are tough, and the high development ones are near impossible. I hired an inquisitor to help, but I've had a rash of "advisor quits" events lately (probably because of my severely negative karma from conquering). After hiring the inquisitor I started working on the two most difficult provinces to convert, and then the guy left about halfway through, causing me to have to stop my conversion since there was no other inquisitor available. I need that 3% bonus missionary strength idea if I'm going to convert all of India, which does have a lot of Sunni and Shia provinces. The religious CB wouldn't be too bad to have either.

I've of course continued to conquer new land. I conquered the relevant provinces of Malacca for the trade province, as well as the 5th bonus trade province in Ceylon node from Orissa. I also took a province from Orissa that I had no claim on in order to get close to Bengal (who lost a lot of territory to his neighbors recently) in order to start moving into the Bengal node. Plus it's part of India so I have to conquer it anyway. I finally managed to secure another ally besides Bahmanis, that being Jaunpur who was my rival for a while, and has a goodly amount of troops. I'm hoping to use them against Bengal's neighbor Aya and Ayuthayya, who were the ones who conquered part of Bengal and own most of the trade provinces in the Bengal node now. Ayuthayya has a lot of troops thanks to Quantity ideas. I've just recently moved my regiment count up to 75 (had been holding at around 40 for a while), so I can hang with Ayuthayya now (we're both tech 16 now, despite them not having the most recent institutions). But if I tried to go against both at the same time it would be more difficult since Ava has 40 regiments as well.

My plan right now is to move hard into the Bengal region, and probably a little beyond too. I own most of the Coromandel region, but I need 5 total regions for the achievement, and I really need to get going on moving farther into India. I'd like to hang on to Bahmanis as an ally for a little longer, but I can't expand into the Deccan region without annulling our alliance (and they're also allied with the remnants of Bengal the country, or I would have attacked that nation for the Bengal Delta trade province right after it lost a war to Aya).

I would like to remove Bengal the country soon though. There is the region of Bengal, the trade node of Bengal, the country of Bengal, and the province of Bengal Delta. It gets annoying.
    Last edited by Rhoth; Today at 18:17.