Thread: Rodina - the new Elite space trading and exploration game?

Default Rodina - the new Elite space trading and exploration game?

http://www.elliptic-games.com/

So the tech demo vid for Rodina looks very interesting, huge scale, all realtime flight model from space to planet and back again. It sounds like quite a promising project imho. So i'll be keeping an eye on it and seeing how it developes Fingers crossed between this and Notches own space/exploration/trading game Elite genre fans have some good stuff to look forward too
    formerly known as child of Thor(coT) in the CTP2 section of poly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow....watched the tech demo, very interesting....I wonder what spec of computer the game is designed for?

WPC Janitor / Administrator Penry's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I loved Elite, back in the days of my BBC Micro!

If only something similar was available today.......
    Follow The Grand Duchy of Muscovy as it rises from minnow to majesty in my Europa Universalis IV AAR

I've tried most of the new 'elites' (Privateer/the 'X' games etc), but in general i always found myself drawn back to the later FFE (elite 3), even though it is pretty flawed in aspects of gameplay (it's sandbox and generic atsmosphere can leave you working hard in your imagination to 'create' the world around you), and the most buggy of the Elites (use autopilot with caution!).

So yeah it will be very interesting to see where this goes. Sadly there is not alot of info yet, but the overall ambition of the project seems to be in the 'right' direction so fingers crossed it will pan out to provide a good 'elite' type game

Again not much info on specs or anything, but the guy is an ex bethesda programmer. So with that in mind i suspect they will be quite high at release I could be completely wrong on this off course.
    formerly known as child of Thor(coT) in the CTP2 section of poly.