Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crusader Kings 2 AAR: Apulia

Good thinkin'. I hadn't, but now I have, and it's empty.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ... Robert A Heinlein

While waiting and hoping that Steam would get back to me today, I played two quick demo games today:

Duke of Bavaria
    Duke Otto is the Chancellor of the HRE. His wife is the daughter of a now-deceased Duke of Swabia. A new dynasty has taken over there, and she has no claim.

I began by betrothing my son&heir to the heir of the HRE. My daughter, I betrothed to the King of Poland. I fumbled by not attempting to betroth my second son to Matilda, Duchess of Toscona, and she married some old guy orom Lower Lorraine. I sent my chancellor to Ulm to fabricate a claim on Ulm, the capital of Swabia. Soon after, Mathilda's ancient husband died, and so I then betrothed by second son to her. ... Them my electricity went out at 10:15.
    Duke of Brittany
    I found out there's not much one can do from this position. I did marry Matilda and had a daughter [Matilda Jr.] and two sons [Zkribbler & Secundar]. I changed my rules of succession form gavalkind to elector, right before I died. Little Zkribbler was elected easily, but an evil uncle in the north began vying against little Secundar to be heir. While I was debating whether or not to attempt an assassination, my evil uncle dropped dead. Problem solved. A few years passed. It looked as if, when Matilda passed, Zkribbler might inherit her lands too. Evil Uncle #2 rebelled. He controlled two of my six provinces, one in the east, one in the west. I was able to concentrate my forces, and then eliminate his western army and then turn on his main army in the east. I also took it out, capturing and imprisoning Evil Uncle #2. I found out I coulden't yank his titles because French laws wouldn't let me. A war of excommunication broke out across the Channel, which gave me a chance to build up some piety. Then, as I prepared to declare war, the game crashed.
    Anyway, I learned that Matilda is willing to marry in a non-matriarchal fashion, which puts one it a position of leaving one's heir made into a very rich man when he inherits her lands too.

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL

Wow Zk, you've got some sort of luck with this game not wanting to play for you.
    Join us on the Official WPC Minecraft Server - 71.19.242.210

BigDork Poll of the Day Archive
    BigDork's Spammy Haiku Adventures

WPC Janitor / Administrator Penry's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fingers crossed you hear back from Steam soon.....
    The Kin Wolf is on the prowl, so lock up your loved ones and come along for the ride! - A Crusader Kings II DAR centred on the Kingdom of Wessex and the adventures of the Cerdicing dynasty.

Downloads
    Uploads

Any luck good sir?
    The Kin Wolf is on the prowl, so lock up your loved ones and come along for the ride! - A Crusader Kings II DAR centred on the Kingdom of Wessex and the adventures of the Cerdicing dynasty.

Up to email #4 now.

Edit (later): Someone [prob'ly Lancer] reminded me of my earlier attempt to buy CK2 via GamersGate & PayPal. Why not go back to it...I wouldn't even need Steam.

Unfortunately, PayPal has set up my account with my primary currency as Filipino pesos. Because I plan to use my account to buy US stuff using money deposited from my U.S. account this doesn't make any sense. I poked around, but there appears to be no way to change it. I fired off an email to their customer service because I really don't want to squandering my money paying to have me dollars to peso only to have to then squander more money to have it converted back.
    Last edited by Zkribbler; 03-05-12 at 04:38.

Alas and alack!

The people @ PayPal were very nice in helping me to reset my primary currency

Unfortunately, although I knew the expiration date on my credit card was wrong, I'd figured out away around it. This morning, I learned the verification number on the back is also wrong...so I'm going to need a replacement card.

Downloads
    Uploads

WTF!

Lancer is sending me a cheque soon, you might want to piggy back on that and I'll 'gift' you the game through Steam - your call.

If you want to, let me know and I'll let you know an approx cost including bank charges, currency conversion rates x 2 etc.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Alternatively there might be a CK2 related announcement on Sunday/Monday NZ.......

Quote Originally Posted by RobWorham View Post
    Alternatively there might be a CK2 related announcement on Sunday/Monday NZ.......
    Oh..... care to enlighten us novices?

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe on Sunday or Monday..... :tease: