Thread: Crusader Kings II: Things I Love and Hate About This Game

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Crusader Kings II: Things I Love and Hate About This Game

In my current game I'm the King of Ireland. I control all of the Emerald Isle plus a chunk of Scotland. Things are going great for me. I've had several successful kings in a row. My current one has had a highly productive reign only slowed by the unlucky length of time it's taken me to get some fabricated claims on Isle of Man.

I had a mediocre heir who was totally eclipsed by his younger brother. So naturally I arranged for an accident to happen to him. My new heir comes of age and holy crap... 25 Diplomacy! Score! Well time to marry him off. I ring up the Dating Agency and see that there's this beautiful 17 year old with a claim on the Kingdom of Denmark. Her Diplomacy... 29! HOLY ****!!! Soon the wedding bells are ringing and I'm feeling great about the future of my realm.

3 moths later she gets ill and dies. ****!!!! **** **** ****! GODDAMN THIS GAME!!!

Anyway, she was a twin. I marry my heir to her sister who has the same claim on Denmark and has a 21 diplomacy. Still great but after seeing her awesome sister she'll always only be second best.
    Join us on the Official WPC Minecraft Server - 71.19.242.210

BigDork Poll of the Day Archive
    BigDork's Spammy Haiku Adventures

For some reason, that reminds me of a scene in the ancient Bruce Dern movie Smile where Bruce Dern is trying to teach his suicidal friend the secret of happiness:

Dern: I had a date with Elizabeth Taylor once.
    Friend: [disbelief]
    Dern: Really. When I was in college, I was in a class with her cousin, and he fixed us up on a blind date.
    Friend: So, what's Elizabeth Tayor like on a date?
    Dern: I dunno. She never showed.
    Friend: WTF??
    Dern: You're missing the point. The point is how can I be happy with my wife after having a date with Elizabeth Taylor. That's the secret to happiness. You just have to be willing to settle for less.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ... Robert A Heinlein

WPC Janitor / Administrator Penry's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too bad BigDork!

At least in 1.05 you would have been able to see why she died...... :intrigue:

Can you be sure she died of her illness? Or was she bumped off?

Best thing I love about this game is how bloody paranoid it makes you!

Downloads
    Uploads

She had the ill modifier so I'm pretty sure it was natural causes. But yeah, I love how you just never know.

Very early in my game I had a problem where my infant niece and nephew (dynasty thanks to a matrilinial) were bumped off by their paternal uncle because he wanted to inherit. I almost lost a duchy out of my realm because of it. LOVE THIS GAME!

Murdering children is a bad thing
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ... Robert A Heinlein

Downloads
    Uploads

They are only virtual children. Reminds of the GTAs-influence-on-people debate...i think if time travel is ever invented, anyone that ever played CK will be banned from travelling to the middle ages.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a tendency of offing wives when they get older if I discover a younger, well statted lady out there. Might be a double homicide if she's already married.

Let's just say I tend to have cruel kings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unlucky you BD. But such is life in medieval Europe.
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
    (Zephania 3.17)