Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM

Downloads
    Uploads

It was worth the wait GK. It's a damn good game.
    Join us on the Official WPC Minecraft Server - 71.19.242.210

BigDork Poll of the Day Archive
    BigDork's Spammy Haiku Adventures

Ya, I am sure it is.

I am looking forward to the MMO when it comes out. From what I have heard, it is in late alpha stage now.

Immortal Guide of Apocalypto Rhoth's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well this expansion sounds more and more fun the more I read about it. Maybe I will give the game another run through soon-ish.

http://kotaku.com/5916595/skyrims-ma...-rpg-expansion

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, looking awesome.

My elf girl hit level 18 (soon 19), and still no dragon. I think now it's secure to say there won't be any. However, there's still farmers walking and saying "There are dragons about, traveller". Lies.

I'm halfway through the Thieves Guild and College questlines and just started Dark Brotherhood. I think I'll get her vampirism, too. And a lesbian marriage. The men I could marry are all losers.

I dropped my plans to raise conjuration (for summoning tanks and distractions) and better bolster illusion, since it blends well with vampirism. I didn't blow perks yet, so it's a decision still in time.
    Ůurs rÝst ek ■Úr ok ■rÝß stafi, ergi ok Š­i ok ˇ■ola.

Downloads
    Uploads

Level 30 now, and College and Thieves Guild questlines before the finishing stage. Dark Brotherhood lagging a bit, but catching up. Got Mehrunes' Razor yesterday. I think I'll go for the Oblivion Walker achievement with this character. She's evil to the bone anyway.

I haven't got vampirism yet, I think I postpone this plan a bit, until the main questlines are done. I'm also considering cannibalism for her. Is there anything more evil than to drink someone's blood first, then murder him in cold blood and feast on his innards?

I have to be careful not to live out those phantasies in real life.

Downloads
    Uploads

Eh, cannibalism is considered a sign of respect in some cultures. Honestly, wouldn't mind that method of disposing of my remains at all.
    "What ARE you?"
    The pumpkin carver smiled. "Dangerous."
    All Halloween, all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

I decided to abandon the bosmer girl. She was evil, but not evil enough, doing college and thieves guild with no kills and honor stuff in the quest.

So I made a dunmer outlaw. He's a vampire from very early in the game, and also got Namiras Ring as soon as I got to Markarth, making him a cannibal. His only faction is the Dark Brotherhood. Dunmer are great vampires, since they compensate a serious drawback of vampirism, the increasing fire vulnerability, with their racial +50% fire protection. So as vampire in stage 1 (just drank blood), I should have -25% fire, +25% cold protection, but in fact I have even +25% fire, +25% cold. The only thing that makes me laugh are the continuous remarks, that my skin is pale as death. As dunmer, get it? Seems to work, since with Lord Stone and a potion he didn't have a problem against the fireball hurling dremora in Azura's Star and near Mehrunes' Dagons Shrine.

As vampire you have some problems in the sunlight, which shows especially, if you refuse to travel fast, as I still do. Makes it somewhat challenging during daylight (5am to 7pm), because a pack of bandits can get you in serious trouble. The answers are food (vegetable soup), regeneration potions (every little bit helps) and - cannibalism!

Cannibalism is a nice boon for a vampire, since in sunlight you don't regenerate health, stamina and magicka. But if you just had some bandit bits, you do, at least for health and stamina. Not to mention that it raises your reduced in the sun stats back. Since bandits, thieves and wandering mages are plenty, you can have this up pretty much permanently.

Roleplay-wise he's a monster because nobody loves him. The Imperials wanted to behead him, the Stormcloaks resent him for his skin color and the Thalmor hate everyone who isn't one of them. So he joined the Dark Brotherhood, the only faction, that at least appreciates his skills.

Speaking of which - his skills trained with perks are Sneak, One-Handed, Archery, Light Armor, Alchemy and Illusion, in order of importance. Later, when I have perks to spare, I may add other schools of magic, like Enchantment and perhaps Destruction. I raise all 3 stats in an even way, health, stamina, magicka and rinse, repeat. I may even join the College for short, because I need the Gauldur amulet part from Saarthal, which gives 30 to all 3.

Later I plan to de-populate Skyrim. I will destroy all families, killing and cannibalizing all husbands and use their wives as source to satiate my vampiric thirst. I may even let my vampirism go to stage 4 (killed on sight by all except my faction) and live in the wilderness, completely savage. I don't know yet if this is viable, because I need someone to sell my stuff to. May be the Khajit caravans can help here, hope they don't kill me on sight, too.
    Last edited by SkÝrnir; 18-06-12 at 13:00.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SkÝrnir View Post
    She was evil, but not evil enough
    That's the spirit!
    "What ARE you?"
    The pumpkin carver smiled. "Dangerous."
    All Halloween, all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox View Post
    That's the spirit!

I'm slowly working on another stealth build, of a sort, though this one uses more archery and magic and less backstabs. I've never tried a character that focuses mostly on archery since I don't aim well in games, but I'm actually doing okay with it so far.

I'm still thinking about building my death knight character...a vampire that dresses in head to toe armor (including the Masque of Clavicus Vile since it has perfect flavor for looks) and uses necromancy and shouts that mimic some of the "classic" death knight abilities. I never really got around to it last time. Maybe I'll work on both at the same time to satisfy my lusts for both.

Downloads
    Uploads

A vampire in heavy armor? That's challenging. You need to be good in stealth and reasonable in lockpicking to break into homes at night. 2am to 5am works best, you can only feed on sleepers. Muffle is probably your friend inside, but you also have to make sure no guard sees you breaking in. Best bet is probably to feed on farmers outside walled cities.

Downloads
    Uploads

No I mean creating a different character than the archer; one with the death knight flavor. Not sure that stealth really goes hand in hand with him, though supposedly the death knights move silently, but the fear and fury spells certainly do so he can benefit from illusion. The marked for death shout also works well for flavor, along with ice spells (cold touch). I'm thinking using maces and getting the mace of molag bal too.

Downloads
    Uploads

The more I think about it the more I think I'll wait on the death knight until Dawnguard comes out on the PS3. It would be a good concept for Dawnguard since the expansion is focused on vampires anyway. Though maybe I'll do some "set-up work" for it (the starting thing, and get a few necessary items like the Masque of Clavicus Vile (and becoming a vampire).

Downloads
    Uploads

So I started my death knight a while back (using a Dunmer)...and accidentally saved over my archer. Oh well. Not very far into the game yet, but I did something I've never done before. I went a different way and didn't even go to Riverwood or progress to going to Whiterun and letting the dragons out. In-character I took Ralof to heart and went a different way, to Falkreath. I almost never spent time in Falkreath in past games, beyond doing the two daedric quests that start there, so I figured I'd get to know it better. I've been working on the various mini-quests available, wandering around the area, becoming thane, etc. while building up my levels to be able to start the Masque of Clavicus Vile quest.

The build is currently one-hand mace and one-hand casting, concentrating on destruction and conjuration (raise dead) so far. I'll eventually use illusion too, but I haven't been anywhere else but Falkreath yet so I haven't been able to buy better spells other than the one spell the Falkreath merchant offered (which was raise dead). I haven't done any crafting beyond upgrading my weapons and armor to fine status.

I've been taking notes about what he has done so far. Contemplating doing some in-character journal writing, but I haven't decided if I'll definitely do it or not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm, the more I read about Dawnguard the more I'm tempted to make a few different types of characters to explore both parts of the expansion (the Dawnguard and the vampires). Contemplating a heavy armor and sword "priest" character of Arkay, devoted to hunting undead. He'd of course join the Dawnguard and use crossbows, etc., but I also think I want to use him to try out the new werewolf perks so I'd start out with the companion questline for him until Dawnguard comes out.

And then I'd work with a more stealthy vampire type to eventually do the vampire lord part of the expansion. As Skirnir predicted my heavy armor wearing stealth build isn't working too well. Even though I'm in stealth mode a lot and improving the skill, because of the heavy armor I'm not sneaking up on anyone very well and don't have many stealth kills. Plus using a mace just doesn't have as many cool animations. The stealth bow build was doing well before I accidentally overwrote it so I may create another one.

I think with both of them I'll avoid Riverwood. My priest will head to Falkreath for a while (as the "holy land" of Arkay) while the stealth character will head off to Riften and Windhelm for the thief and dark brotherhood stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dawnguard... is that already out for PC or coming out? How is it I'm just now hearing about it?

Downloads
    Uploads

It is coming out for the Xbox360 only this Tuesday, and then supposedly for the other two in a month from then. I'm just getting the itch to play it a bit, but don't have as much time to play so I figure I'll start setting up the characters I want to play for the expansion. I was going to do a death knight, but it wasn't working out as well as I'd hoped to have a death knight stealth character. I think the death knight type is more for up-front bash...no stealth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey GK...enjoying Skyrim?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rhothaerill View Post
    I think with both of them I'll avoid Riverwood. My priest will head to Falkreath for a while (as the "holy land" of Arkay) while the stealth character will head off to Riften and Windhelm for the thief and dark brotherhood stuff.
    I've done this with a couple of characters now and it seems, that the game is somewhat buggy if you do that, at least if you escape with the imperial guy (what's mostly my choice unless I play a Nord). What happens is, that once you show up passing through Riverwood later (you can't really avoid this), the quest sequence of the smith talking with his nephew starts, both disappear in the house and never come out again. Later, if you have been in Dragonsreach (you can't really avoid this, either), the option to talk to the blacksmith about Helgen disappears too, so you remain with an open quest "Talk to Alvor", but can't solve it, and you lost a merchant in this process (Alvor sells only while he's smithing), which isn't really a problem, as he has only about 700 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhothaerill View Post
    Hey GK...enjoying Skyrim?
    I'm not GK, but for the sake of completeness have to say, that I stopped playing again. I completed the Dark Brotherhood questline, and my goal to de-populate Skyrim is somewhat (or rather very) dull. First, it's no challenge at all for an assassin to kill anyone even during daylight on the marketplace, second, some characters are flagged essential and it breaks immersion, that I can't kill one peasant in Rorikstead, but I can kill his wife no problem.

I'm spending my time with old Paradox games now (not worth to post about) and other, not game related stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm working on my two characters slowly. I've also been playing a Paradox game for a while...Crusader Kings 2. My "good-guy" priest of Arkay has done the beginning of the dragon quest (up to being summoned to the greybeards, but not going), but now I'm working on the Companions line to become a werewolf. As his MO is a hunter of the undead I plan to go get Meridia's anti-undead sword soon (and the steed stone as he is a heavy armor guy). My other guy is already a vampire and is just starting both the dark brotherhood and thieves guild questlines.

As for talking to GK, it seems like every time I open up CK2 (through Steam) he is playing Skyrim.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't say I can blame him for that. Skyrim is a darn good game. I will play it again, no doubt.