Thread: starting with settler

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default starting with settler

So I have decided as a little break from my epic speed huge earth map game to go through the difficulty levels and playing games on each one to see how far I can go before the game beats me. Also hopefully to get some achievements along the way...it is amazing how addictive those things are.

Anyway what follows is my playthrough of a settler game as Washington on a large continents map. Final analysis my god Civ V settler seems even easier than Civ 1 settler...

I quickly took out the arabs (with about four warriors I think he had one) and started my move on Rome.
    begining of the end of rome.jpg

Quickly I then took on and out hiawathia.
    March on Hiawatha.jpg

It was this point that it became pretty obvious that the game was going to be highly ridiculous and that though I knew from the beginning I was going to win that the difference in me and the AI was going to reach laughable levels.
    America uber alles.jpg
    The score runaway begins.jpg

Which it quickly did...yes I am all ready on biology
    The shape of things to come.jpg

Hmm wonder if this will be enough to take out the rest of the AI what do you think?
    the english armada.jpg
    Oh that sound you say....that is the rest of the nations leaders wetting themselves.

Oh yes you should see what I am going up against....
    1685 pikemen.jpg

So quickly Suleiman bites the dust.
    death of suliman take 2.jpg

OH YES! A MOUSE THAT ROARED REENACTMENT (its like civ 1 all over again...for the 1 of you that gets that reference)
    reenacting the mouse that roared.jpg

I did take time to destroy the city states that declared on me as well...silly city states!
    The destruction of Genoa.jpg

And that's it for this edition! Come back next time (probably pretty soon) for what probably is the funniest in game quote and the exciting end game!
    Now that we have a civ 5....can we get an alpha centauri 2?

Miss the wonder and ending movies in Civ V? Wish the ones in civ IV were as good as the ones in AC? Come join my group!

Downloads
    Uploads

Perhaps I should try out settler too, but it will be like taking candy from an unborn child.
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
    (Zephania 3.17)

Downloads
    Uploads

rofl I thought this was about making a settler first strategy

Downloads
    Uploads

I played through a settler conquest game yesterday, got four achivements for finishing. ?Played a duel map afterwards on cheftain, got four. Lower levels are achivement-fillers.
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
    (Zephania 3.17)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

not even unborn more like not even a twinkle in your eye...just wait till I post the end it is hilarious. Will try to get to that today.

Miss the wonder and ending movies in Civ V? Wish the ones in civ IV were as good as the ones in AC? Come join my group!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmm..... might kick of a settler game tonight for some AI-pounding fun.
    http://www.brrgames.com

WPC Minecraft Server - 71.19.242.210
    Checkout our Minecraft Map!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default another edition of takeing candy from a fetus!

So when we last left off sulieman had bitten the dust and America's rise had continued.
    Japan was next on the list, and soon the land of the rising sun would have its sun set!
    the end of the begining.....for japan.jpg
    Once Japan was on the way to being destroyed it was time for the mother country Britain to feel the wrath of its colonies. Yea that crazy old virgin lady you venerate, who wasn't elected by chosen by birth...yea she can't save you now.
    Why hello elizibeth.jpg
    At some point in this I built the great wall in my capitol...just because I could
    Just because I could.jpg
    After Elizabeth and Japan Gandhi was left. I actually left one of his cities and won by science as I like that ending (seeing the ship take off is cool....though I nice movie showing a future american civ on the other planet with flying cars and such (maybe something that looks suspiciously like AC?) would be even cooler) Obviously I could have won by killing everyone here if I wanted to
    Gandhi Falls.jpg

Some interesting things I learned from this....I expect that even if I chose completly randomly what to build in each city at any time...and randomly chose where to place my cites it would be hard to loose at this level...but given this is settler I suppose that is appropriate.

Certain modern age units are extremely to weak. Against the AI cites they were not problem but the city states (who had better technology than the rest of the AI interestingly) planes were all most completely worthless. This is rather ridiculous and nonsensical. In modern warfare planes are practically more important than tanks...as well some of the English archers and long bowmen were able to kill my destroyers and once even a battleship this is ridiculous. (Yes I left it alone for ten turns but seriously). With this much tech difference they should do no damage when they attack. If you are one tech level behind maybe I can see it still being possible but this many...needs to be changed. If you are this far behind in tech, need to be making sure they have no reason to attack you and gaining tech asap.

Anyway was fun. Working on a chieftain game right now on archipelago where I am trying to win by culture. Going well. Look for the post on it at some point...need some others to put some plays up I know there are some interesting games out there!