Thread: Leaderhead Development

Default Leaderhead Development

Hi!

Over at CivFanatics, I've written a thread detailing the development of custom leaders but I thought I'd post here specifically concerning mine. Me and Lemmy101 have been working on these, and the tools required to get around the issues with Nexus preventing modders from being able to do this out of the box.

Alfred the Great, Anglo-Saxons

Boudica, Iceni

These are work-in-progress. So far, we have them in-game albeit just standing there in an idle animation (and with a couple of mesh issues which need addressing). But we're not far off now. And once we have these working correctly, we'll be able to release the tools we used to do it.

And at that point, I will probably expand this post to serve as some kind of guide
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CaptainBinky; 10-11-10 at 21:02.

Downloads
    Uploads

Those models look VERY promising, CptBinky.

Are they for a planned German-Celtic mod or for the general game?

Hi GeoModder, and cheers

At the moment we're just concentrating on the leaders themselves. Once they're in and fully working, we'll worry about the Civ they plug into. There's a good Iceni mod already available so perhaps (depending on how the author feels about it) Boudica could plug into that, or we could make our own unique units and whatnot and do the whole Civ ourselves. It's all rather up in the air at the moment because there's so much work to do just worrying about the leaders

So yes, either way they will be available as *just* a leader (with accompanying civ) mod for the base game. However they will get plugged into any major mod that Lemmy and I produce if appropriate.

Such exciting times we're living in! When this is done, we'll not only be able to add custom 3D leaders, but also regular 2D portraits can be added to our mods by those of us who aren't as talented as Captain Binky with our 3D. I am indeed looking forward to this!

Boudica is hot, BTW. I'm into redheads myself

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I actually have a Civilization I have created with a new leader and I need a 3D model made of him, but I have no 3D skills. Would any aspiring artist out there want to create him for the mod? I will of course give you credit for the artwork in the mod.

Moderator-Servant Buster's Uncle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

If a Poser model would do, I could probably get Buster's Aunt to do one for you...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sent you a PM Buster's Uncle. I don't want to hijack the thread