Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Stories thread

Moderator-Servant Buster's Uncle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[AH! You took Mel back offstage again! Booo! Can we just drive a stake through the murderer, and Keep David with whichever Mel's around at the moment?

Them boys ain't too bright sometimes, to have fallen for her obvious ploy. Oh wait-

I've got a few lines coming in a moment.]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chapter 3
    The Ice Caves of Pluto's Moon

When David regained consciousness back on the ship, the trio was already in flight.

"Mel," he heard Jack saying up front, "could you go put some clothes on? You’re very distracting in that tattered dress, and you look like my dead aunt. It's creepy, for Gizzl's sake."

David had to verify that immediately. He stood up very fast, all his drowsiness forgotten. When he reached the pilot cabin he was greeted by Jack: "Well, how's our little champ today?"

"I have a mild headache, but it feels like going away now. Uhmm, where exactly are we flying right now?"

"The Moon", answered Melinda, who was indeed barely covered by her abused dress and showing no sign of moving aft to do something about it, "we need to go to the past again."

"Why?"

"We need to steal a nuclear missile from your timeframe. After the Great Fire, all of them were destroyed."

During the flight they explained what happened after he had passed out and why they had to visit David's time yet again. When they reached the Moon and landed they inspected the timemobile, the limousine in which Melinda had picked David up, where it sat outside Jack’s base. They found it still perfectly intact besides a thin layer of moondust on its paint, which was a great relief.

Suddenly, Melinda hesitated to come with them. "Ehmm, somebody should watch the base while you're gone, maybe one of the vergophloxes will be coming back to transmit me a message or something. It's better if one us stays here."

"What are you talking about?" objected Jack, "the deal is now sealed. We bring them a missile and they'll help us save the Earth. Vergophloxes never revise any orders they already submitted in the past; you know that."

"Well, uhmm...just go together with David. I have just a feeling, Y'know, an intuition maybe, that it's better for all of us if I stay here, watching how things are coming down in this timeline."

Jack was obviously annoyed and perplexed by her sudden change of heart, but then seemed to make a decision. He said to David, "OK then, then it's just us two", and they entered the car.

"Stand back Mel, we're going to start now", Jack told her when the machine was set. Melinda took a few steps back, and saw the car instantly accelerate at a tremendous velocity and disappear through an eerie gateway, of blue bolts of cold flames, that appeared and disappeared with a radio bang like an electromagnetic cannon.

"Fools," she said quietly to herself as she went to the now obsolete cave where Jack's base entrance had been, laughing in a truly self-satisfied manner.

“Gizzl, that ‘bot must think we’re really stupid,” Jack said in the car.

“Huh?” David said, just then turning away from contemplating the strange glowing- whatever- that was all that could be seen through the window where he’d last seen her.

“Good one, kid. That Melbot. Does she think I’m dumb enough to just leave all my good stuff out where she can have what she wants? I’ve got a few surprises set up for intruders.”

“On the Moon?”

“Dave, I killed everyone on Mars. I’m a little paranoid now, okay?” Jack said, “With any luck, one of my traps should have caught her or the guards will have locked her up when we get back, and the surveillance cameras will have caught some clues about what her deal is.”

“You don’t know?” David said, “Hey- HITLER, by the way? What the hell's up with that?"

“I’m not the original owner,” Jack said, “The base used to belong to the Space Nazis of the Dark Side of the Moon. -Who aren't all gone and never gave up on the 4th Reich-- hold on; we’re materializing.”
    Last edited by Buster's Uncle; 25-05-09 at 20:36.

Golden-brown and Delicious eastsidebagel's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

“Dave, I killed everyone on Mars. I’m a little paranoid now, okay?”
    Nice one! I will come up with the next segment in one hour or so.
    Canada **** yeah!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[ I'm pretty happy with that contribution myself.

He must die for that, and soon, BTW

Note that I just changed two words- intruder for burglar, and made it the Space Nazis of the Dark Side of the Moon. If you're going cheesy why go half-way?]

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, some grammatical mistakes:
    the car instantly accelerate at a tremendous velocity and disappear through an eerie gateway
    Canada **** yeah!

Downloads
    Uploads

[also, ****ing reserved]
    Canada **** yeah!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[I added the Ds on the ends of the words to the save. Good catch. Lotta run-on sentences in that passage, anyway, and not all your fault.]

Downloads
    Uploads

Who aren't all gone and never gave up on the 4th Reich-- hold on; we’re materializing.”

Out of nothing the car bumped on a dusty country road which seemed to lie in the middle of nowhere. Endless wheat fields covered the area on its both sides and no human were in eyesight.

"Where are we now?" asked David.

"If everything went smoothly, we're supposed to be now in the year 1945 in the near of Hannover, where the Nazi regime tried to build a nuclear weapon to eliminate the American soldiers who were penetrating on a massive scale the borders of the Reich at that time.

"Wait, what? The Nazis never attempted to build anything like that, or else they would have easily won the war."

"The Hitler android told me so. You see, the former owners of the Moon base lived there until the 2030's and then mysteriously vanished into nothing. All they left was this bot, which was, I think now, meant as an immortal replica of the Fuhrer himself or something. When I discovered it in between the time when I killed all those settlers and when I fought the vergophlox, it was the last item which was left by them and the cave was void of any other sign. I installed several traps in there to keep them away and to fend off unwelcome intruders as well." But the last words he made a mean grin. "The Nazis never came to use their missile though, because we stole it before they even noticed the theft, or at least the Hitler bot told me so after I reactivated him to make out of him another creepy, but kinda weak guard of my lab. You see, David, we are even supposed to succeed, we have absolutely nothing to worry about our little mission today!"

After a while, like ten minutes or so, when they were still driving in the middle of those seemingly endless fields, David dared to ask: "Why is Melinda sometimes so mean and at another times just so lovely and nice to me? Why...", he almost sobbed now, "why doesn't she just finish her job already and kills me? What makes her hesitating to execute her orders she had been given to?"

"I have no idea, but first we gotta know who actually built her, but she steadfastly refuses to talk about it and blocks any investigation of mine about that topic at all, even though I too noticed that she can't be functioning properly, or else she would be everytime a raging beast when she sees you, like a mindless rabid dog or, well...a machine."
    Canada **** yeah!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Needs cleaning up, but good stuff. I'l post a little more after supper.]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Took a bit longer than I'd hoped to catch up after supper.]

“You don’t know?” David said, “Hey- HITLER, by the way? What the hell's up with that?"

“Funny you should ask now; I’m not the original owner,” Jack said, “The base used to belong to the Space Nazis of the Dark Side of the Moon. -Who aren't all gone and never gave up on the 4th Reich-- hold on; we’re materializing.”

Out of nothing the car bumped on a dusty country road which seemed to lie in the middle of nowhere. Endless wheat fields covered the area on both sides and no one was in sight.

"Where are we?" asked David.

"If everything went smoothly, it’s supposed to be 1945 in the vicinity of Hannover, where the Nazi regime tried to build a nuclear weapon to eliminate the American soldiers who were penetrating the borders of the Reich on a massive scale at that time.

"Wait, what? The Nazis never built anything like that, or else they would have easily won the war,” David questioned, “besides the bomb research was at Peenamoon."

“Huh? Dave, you never struck me as a Word War Two nerd,” Jack said.

“History Channel.”

“Oh.” Jack said, "Anyway, the Hitler android told me so. You see, the former owners of the Moon base lived there until the 2030's and then vanished mysteriously. All they left was an empty habitat, and some bots. Hitlerbot was, I think now, meant as an immortal replica of the Fuhrer himself or something.

“When I discovered the base, I installed several traps in there to keep them away and to fend off unwelcome intruders as well." With the last words, he grinned evilly.

"The Nazis of this time never came to use their missile though, because we stole it before they even noticed the theft, or at least the Hitlerbot told me so after I reactivated him to make him another creepy, but kinda weak guard of my lab. You see, David, we are even supposed to succeed; we have absolutely nothing to worry about for our little mission today!"

After ten minutes or so, when they were still driving through the seemingly endless fields, David dared to ask: "Why is Melinda sometimes so mean and at other times so sweet and nice to me? Why..." he sobbed now, "why doesn't she just finish her job already and kill me? What makes her hesitate to execute her orders?"

"I have no idea, but first we gotta know who actually built her, and she steadfastly refuses to talk about it and blocks any investigation of mine at all. I noticed that she can't be functioning properly, or else she ought to be a raging beast when she sees you, like a mindless rabid dog or, well...a machine."

“I,” David paused, feeling stupid about saying it out loud, “Someone sent a malfunctioning Terminator after me?”

“The band?” Jack said, “No, Dave, I just think someone who doesn’t have our best interests -“

He was interrupted by the car’s glide to a stop outside a nondescript factory

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[BTW, I can get closer than that to spelling Peenemünde right; I just felt I was already putting too much knowlege into David's mouth, so-]

Downloads
    Uploads

He was interrupted by the car’s glide to a stop outside a nondescript factory which would have been almost completely invisible in the middle of these fields, wouldn't have Jack already had known its exact location.

"Dave, do you know how to handle a gun? After all, you come from a time where virtually every schoolchild had a gun of its own, right?"

"Well uhmm...I think you might be exaggerating a bit, Jack, I mean, we can't possible **** that up, right, so I suppose that you could trust me that gun."

"Good answer!"

Jack opened the glove compartment of the car and drew out two futuristic ray guns which were completely ordinary in his time, and gave one in David's slightly shivering hand.

"Lets roll, buddy!" and he exited the car and went towards the gate of the building with amazing self-confidence, David following him in a much more nervous and uncertain fashion. Jack charged his gun and a blue ring of blue energy hit the lock of the door which melted it in an instant and the let the wooden door frames catching fire. He shot another two times at the door and it was literally ripped apart in thousands of little splinters.

"Yeah, this will go as easy as stealing a lollipop from an infant! David, just stay closely behind me and keep the people inside in check if necessary, okay?"

"Yeah, okay...", he answered doubtful.

Slowly they went inside and their attention was instantly caught by the huge, although yet uncompleted rocket which stood in the exact center of the hall, two men in white collars standing besides it with their hands raised.

"Like I said, stealing a lollipop from an infant", and without any hesitation he charged his firearm again and killed them both in a single moment by shooting them in their torsos. They fell to the ground, a gaping hole in their bellies with smoke emerging from them.

"Jack!", David yelled panically, "why did you have to kill them? They already surrendered to us!"

"I like killing people, simple as pie. Now come with me, lets figure out how we can transport this thing with the time machine."
    Canada **** yeah!

Downloads
    Uploads

"I like killing people, simple as pie. Now come with me, lets figure out how we can transport this thing with the time machine." Jack approached the missile whose top was missing and he kicked the dead bodies of the scientists out of the way without any scruples to have it easier to peek at its bottom.

"Hmm, no wheels or anything beneath it. That's gonna be a pickle to haul this baby up the limousine. David, could you please come and help m...", his back was hit with an energy beam out of David's gun. He fell forward and landed side by side with one of the corpses. He cried in pain, he wasn't dead yet because David didn't want to kill him but just to punish him, so he aimed the gun not directly on Jack's back.

"David you son of a *****!"

David, with a furious expression on his face, screamed at the top of his lungs: "You kill people for fun? So you really are insane and I bet that you also killed all those settlers just for your entertainment!" He charged his gun again and aimed it now at the center part of the missile to blow it up and thereby making it worthless for the Germans, so that they still wouldn't have a chance winning the war.

"No you idiot", cried Jack, "you're going to kill us all if you do that!"

"I don't care, to be honest. I hated my life before I met you guys and now I hate it even more since Melinda rejected me. I have no reason to continue living."

And in that same moment, he heard her behind his back, screaming: "No Dave, don't do that!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Oooh, the plot thickens. Good stuff, guys. I think I see where to take this after lunch.]

Downloads
    Uploads

And in that same moment, he heard her behind his back, screaming: "No Dave, don't do that!"

David was so surprised to hear her voice in the year 1945 that he accidently dropped the gun.

"Melinda, how were you able to travel with us to this place"?

She ignored him and walked towards Jack who was lying on the floor and his facial features were distorted because of his pain.

"Jack, oh Jack, why did you deserve that?"

"Melinda, did you bring by any chance the ointment with you which was in my secret locker? Quick, I feel like passing out soon!"

"Who did this you?"

"David, he went insane! This maniac, you were right, he was always a big dissapointment for our family! Can't you eliminate him now and drag me back to the Moon base where I have the means to heal my wounds within seconds? Please, I'm dying here!"

Melinda looked long into Jack's eyes which were shimmering of rage and agony. Then she said in a low voice: "I'm sorry Jack, but I'm afraid I can't let you off the hook this time.", and then she...
    Canada **** yeah!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

He was interrupted by the car’s glide to a stop outside a nondescript factory, which would have been almost completely invisible in the middle of the fields had Jack not known its exact location.

"Dave, do you know how to handle a gun? You come from a time where virtually every schoolchild had a gun, right?"

"Well, uhmm... I think you might be exaggerating a bit, Jack; but, I mean, we can't possibly **** it up, right?, so I suppose you could trust me with a gun."

"Good answer!"

Jack opened the glove compartment of the car and drew out two futuristic ray guns, completely ordinary in his time, and put one in David's slightly shivering hand.

"Lets roll, buddy!" Jack said, exiting the car and going towards the gate of the building with amazing self-confidence. David followed him in a much more nervous and uncertain fashion. Jack charged his gun, and a ring of blue energy hit the lock of the door, melted it in an instant, and set the wooden door frame afire. He shot another two times at the door and it was ripped apart in thousands of little splinters.

"Yeah, this will go as easy as stealing a lollipop from an infant! David, just stay close behind me and keep the people inside in check if necessary, okay?"

"Yeah, okay... ," David answered, doubtfully.

Slowly they crept inside; their attention was instantly caught by the huge, although as yet uncompleted, rocket which stood in the exact center of the hall, two men in white collars standing beside it with their hands already raised.

"Like I said, stealing a lollipop from an infant", Jack said, and without any hesitation he shot them. They fell to the ground, holes gaping in their bellies with smoke emerging.

"Jack!", David yelled in panic, "why did you have to kill them? They already surrendered!"

"I like killing people, simple as pie. Now come with me; let’s figure out how we can transport this thing with the time machine." Jack approached the missile, the top of which was missing, and thoughtlessly kicked the dead bodies of the scientists out of the way to have it easier to peek at its bottom.

"Hmm, no wheels or anything beneath it. It's gonna be a pickle to haul this baby up the limousine. David, could you please come and help m..." His back was hit with an energy beam from David's gun. He fell forward and landed beside the corpses. He cried in pain; he wasn't dead yet- David didn't want to kill him, just punish him.

"David you son of a *****!"

David, with a furious expression on his face, screamed at the top of his lungs: "YOU KILL PEOPLE FOR FUN? So you really are insane; I bet you killed all those settlers just for your entertainment, TOO!" He charged his gun again and aimed it now at the center part of the missile to blow it up, thereby making it worthless for the Germans.

"No you idiot", cried Jack, "you're going to kill us all if you do that!"

"I don't care, to be honest. I hated my life before I met you guys and now I hate it even more since Melinda rejected me. I have no reason to continue living."

Melinda’s dress was in better shape than before as she ran up and grabbed David’s arm. “Look at the nose of the V2. The warhead isn’t installed. That thing probably isn’t fueled yet anyway. We have to find the bomb itself.”

David, overcome with joy –among other things- to see her, by her touch, threw his arms around her. As her body pressed against his while returning the hug, he marveled that a robot could feel so soft, warm and real, and smell so wonderful

Downloads
    Uploads

Let me solve the contradiction between those two last parts of the story, okay?
    Canada **** yeah!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Son of a *****! Xpost! I called that, you know. Gimme a few minutes to reconcile these.]

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

[Xpost again. Okay, you do it. I see my bit seguewaying into yours without much problem, but I trust you.]

Downloads
    Uploads

David was so surprised to hear her voice in the year 1945 that he accidently dropped the gun.

"Melinda, how were you able to travel with us to this place"?

She ignored him and walked towards Jack who was lying on the floor and his facial features were distorted because of his pain. “Look at the nose of the V2. The warhead isn’t installed. That thing probably isn’t fueled yet anyway. We have to find the bomb itself.”

Then she bowed down to Jack: "Jack, oh Jack, why did you deserve that?"

"Melinda, did you bring by any chance the ointment with you which was in my secret locker? Quick, I feel like passing out soon!"

"Who did this you?"

"David, he went insane! This maniac, you were right, he was always a big dissapointment for our family! Can't you eliminate him now and drag me back to the Moon base where I have the means to heal my wounds within seconds? Please, I'm dying here!"

Melinda looked long into Jack's eyes which were shimmering of rage and agony. Then she said in a low voice: "I'm sorry Jack, but I'm afraid I can't let you off the hook this time.", and then she got up again and walked towards David. "David, I aborted my mission. I don't present any danger for you anymore." And then she hugged him.

David, overcome with joy –among other things- to see her, by her touch, threw his arms around her. As her body pressed against his while returning the hug, he marveled that a robot could feel so soft, warm and real, and smell so wonderful.

"What do we do now about Jack?", he wanted to know, his head still buried in her plentiful bossom.

After a pause she released him from her arms and sighed. "Lets bring this homicidial madman back to the future where we'll have the capabilities to heal him in no time. Then we gotta have to tie him up, for our own safety as well as for those who we will encounter in our next trip." She directed her eyes to Jack and spoke: "The vergophloxes appointed you as their strawman to do all their dirty work for a reason, eh Jack?"

He decided to not reply to this rethorical question and was just too busy with feeling the anguish of the gaping wound on his back.

"Lets bring him back", Melinda suggested.
    Canada **** yeah!