Page 1 of 188 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of the construction of Zkribbler's house in the Philippines

Default Pics of the construction of Zkribbler's house in the Philippines

Zkrib might post his pics at Poly or he might post them here in which case he'll make his own thread. We pick him up at the airport in Tag tomorrow morning.

If you guys don't know Zkrib, he's my close friend who will look in here soon likely.

Zkrib's seawall, almost done.

From the flip side showing the posts of his future home. You can see the gravel that was removed yesterday to feed my hungry cement mixer.

Last edited by Lancer; 12-04-13 at 17:02.

These are his steps. there were 15 but now down to 11 as the gravel has been deposited by a recent storm. At my place the gravel comes and goes at the whim of tides and currents. This might just end up in the mixer if that's what Zkrib wants.

From the top of the wall a couple of guys next door working on their bunka boat.

Part of the crew hand mixing fine sand and cement to finish the far side wall.

Another view from the top of the wall. This will be the view from Zkrib's downstairs windows.

Myself and the other part of the crew moved gravel which was piled above.

Irish the daughter of Rigo took that last pic. The guys fill buckets and other guys pull them up and pile the gravel and toss down the buckets. I'm amazed how much gravel we moved very quickly.

I got to work up above as well. It encourages the crew and they poured it on, great guys. They are all either family and or friends.

While I was busy I let Irish wander around and take pics of whatever. She got this great shot of the house construction. With Zkrib coming tomorrow the house will likely resume soon if that's what he wants.

...and this great shot of herself.

The sun got hot. I worked about 3 hours then walked to my place and went swimmin.

On the way I first took a couple pics of the finishing on the far side...

Got to my place where Tina, now joined by Irish were getting ready with the food for the workers lunch. Zkrib provides the best crew lunch in these islands, the envy of all.

Tina is the cousin of my wife and the sister of NetNet who is engaged to Aeson.

That's it!
    Last edited by Lancer; 05-05-09 at 07:02.

Downloads
    Uploads

I liked you better when your nose was bigger, your lips were thinner and your breasts were smaller - Henry Rollins "Eye Scream"
    "Sometimes the truth hurts - and sometimes it feels real good." - Henry Rollins
    Ariki o Iwi of Southern Cross
    What did Christ really do? He hung out with hard-drinking fishermen. - Iggy Pop

DAMN

I want!
    Sgt. -PAM
    Because I can.

How long has it taken so far Lancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post

There appears to be one, possibly two persons, trapped inside the seawall ^^

I'm not sure, 3 months maybe? All the workers together get paid what one does in the US according to Zkrib and he pays them better than the going wage here. Its the materials that get you, not really the labor.

"There appears to be one, possibly two persons, trapped inside the seawall ^^"

Faces in the wet cement?

Sarge, your focus determines your reality. You also want to be a diety or whatever its called here. Life is full of choices.

Faces in the wet cement?
    No, hands.

Sarge, your focus determines your reality. You also want to be a diety or whatever its called here. Life is full of choices.
    God no. Just taking an interest is all.

Second bit was replying to Sergeant P. A. Muldoon.

Hands... oh on top in the light color bit? I have a friend that sees faces in everything but I can't always see them. This trip I see a huge heart shape in some trees the way the branches and leaves go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Second bit was replying to Sergeant P. A. Muldoon.
    My mistake.

Hands... oh on top in the light color bit? I have a friend that sees faces in everything but I can't always see them. This trip I see a huge heart shape in some trees the way the branches and leaves go.
    Actually I'm referring to the... drain pipes? popping out of the sea wall.

Yup, property drainage and gray water, sinks & showers. Hopefully no workers stuck back there flaking off...

Noble
    Downloads
    Uploads

All that soap being dumped directly in the ocean must negatively effect water quality. Especially if everyone in the PI does it.

Yeah, don't you want to be able to swim out in front?
    Sgt. -PAM
    Because I can.

That beach front doesn't look too busy, I guess if it's just grey water no problem (I'm assuming "brown water" goes elsewhere).

In the tropics the seas are devoid of algae, the water quite clear and good for swimming. Combination of warm temps and high salt content due to evaporation keep it that way. We never have to worry about blooms and cold beaches like they do in temperate climates.

You just never want to swim in fresh water here, ever.

Brown water goes to a septic...