View RSS Feed

USAFPilot14

Can Someone Help Me?

Rate this Entry
I downloaded the Civilization V SDK so that I could create unit mods for Civilization V, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. The XML concept is a bit confusing for me, since I have never really used XML before. Would someone please help me with modding units in Civ V? On a side note, I HAVE looked at the guide by Derek "Kael" Paxton (http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/ModdersGuide.pdf) and that did not help me becasue it was way too confusing.

If anyone can give an example of any of the following, your help will be greatly apreciated.

1. A list of: Unit classes, Unit types, Combat classes, Domain, etc,
2. An example of XML files for a sea, land, and air unit.
3. A tutorial on how to create the visual representation of the unit in-game, the picture inside the bubble (at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen) and the small bubble picture ( floating above the in-game unit).
4. A tutorial of how to create / add the created mods into Civilization V itself.

Thank you to all in advance,
Will
Tags: mod, sdk Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Will, i would go into the CivV forums here and look around, all you can do is find as much reference material as possible to work through. My understanding is that modding CivV isn't that easy, say compared to CivII or even CivIV, but you need as many tutorial sources as possible so go look around the CivV modding forums.