Downloads: War Crimes - May 2010 GotM
War Crimes - May 2010 GotM
||bdanv, Buster's Uncle, DrazharLn
| File Size
(Vanilla SMAC) Gaians call Spartans war-mongers, but Spartans call mindworm use a crime against humanity...
1) Download the zip file (at the bottom of this post) and place it into your main game directory. usually this is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
2) Unzip it there.
3) Start up SMAC (not the expansion), then select "Scenario", "Play Scenario", and then go to the subdirectory "1005 WarcrimesOS" and choose the scenario.
4) Choose the difficulty level and the game will automatically load with the Spartans.
For GotM 1005, any base on the map counts as an objective.
As Governor of the Southwestern region of the Spartan Empire, you will have to conquer all Gaian bases at the west of the Freshwater Sea.
You will be eligible for the GotM even if you don't achieve all your objectives. The minimum requirement is 1 (one) conquered/subverted base.
- You cannot build additional bases in this scenario. The Spartan people are afraid to relocate closer to the Gaian border because of the recent warcrimes. You will have to 'clean' the shores of the Freshwater Sea before the colonists will arrive.
- You won't be able to direct the research capabilities of the Spartan Empire or trade techs with the other factions. Remember you are 'only' a Governor! (Of course, you can always steal the precious techs available to the Gaian forces).
- There's no Planetary Council in this scenario. This stuff is only available for the 'guys in the big league' (faction leaders). However you will be able to contact the Gaians using the commlink.
Habitat Complex available from the begining of the scenario.
(To read the accompanying story, participate in the contest, or comment on the scenario, see the thread here, please.)
21-05-10 at 10:06
|Can we extract the files of the Scenario into the Scenario folder or do they need to remain in the main SMAC folder?
21-05-10 at 18:22
|I believe it goes in the root folder. It should create whatever it needs to from there. I'll pass this alone to badnav to be sure, though.
21-05-10 at 19:06
|Extract directly into the SMAC directory. The scenarios folder in the zip will overwrite the one already there (don't worry, none of your other scenarios will be removed).
21-05-10 at 21:58
|yep, Draz is right. also if you are not aware, he knows his way with the computers, so you should always trust him on these issues.