Downloads: March 2010 GotM: United Nations Space Agency
March 2010 GotM: United Nations Space Agency
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - Alien Crossfire
Game of the Month, March 2010
This month we start in mission year 2150. Pravin Lal is busy with diplomacy, planet wide tensions and a vendetta, but is concerned with technological progress that would take humanity back to space.
1) Download the zip file and place it into your main game directory. usually this is: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
2) Unzip it, but use "extract here" command rather than "extract to 'gotm_1003_unsa' "
3) Start up SMAX, then select "Scenario", "Play Scenario", and navigate to folder 'GotM_1003_UNSA' that is in your 'scenarios' folder (Game should already be in your scenarios folder).
4) Choose 'Kirkway_UNSA_2150.SC' scenario to play. It is transcend difficulty and you play Peacekeepers derived faction of United Nations Space Agency.
Your submission is due May, 9th at 12:00 (Noon) GMT.
You can send a game save one turn before launching the first satellite.
Submission by email:
borcea [ _ ] dan [ AT ] yahoo [ DOT ] com.
marcin777 [ AT ] gmail [ DOT ] com.
To: Commander Kirkway
From: Commissioner Pravin Lal
U.N. Headquarters, MY 2150, January 29
Commander, I am greatly concerned that recent conflicts on Chiron threaten
our ambition of returning into space. Therefore, I have created United Nations
Space Agency (UNSA). I apoint you to the position of Agency Director.
I prepared adequate means to build UNSA facilities on one of the islands of
Santa Ana Archipelago, south of Monsoon Jungle and east of Sea of Unity,
which was scouted 10 years ago by Believers. Spartans have already established
a base near Geothermal Shallows. So far, we have good relations with Colonel
Santiago. You can also ask assistance of Lady Deirdre Sky, our long time
pact-mate. Her bases are on Monsoon Jungle coast to the north. Our intelligence
is sketchy, but there is possible Hive activity in the west. I know Yang
can threaten your bases, but still the archipelago is the safest location
for UNSA. There is intellegance of a possible recent drone rebellion in the Hive.
Watch for Hive rebels in the region. Send a patrol to South 2 Airbase Complex,
I will send supplies to that location for you.
Your objective, Commander Kirkway, is to successfully launch our first
satellite into Chiron's orbit as soon as you can.
- Use CTRL+F4 to see scenario objectives.
- Launch the first satellite of UNSA in the smallest possible number of turns.
You need to acquire Orbital Spaceflight technology and build a satellite in
one of your bases. Save and submit the turn before one such satellite
would be completed.
- Your GotM score depends on the number of turns you played.
- In case of a tie, victory points determine the winner.
- Hit CTRL+H to home your any independent supply crawler, once it is in a base.
- U.N. Airbase Complex, South 2, has some goodies for you! Use Lal's advice!
- Missile chassis is now available with Doctrine: Air Power.
- Colony pods are disabled. Protect your five bases!
- You are allowed to purchase or to sell a base from/to AI for energy credits
(EC) only. Extortion or gifting is allowed too, but you are not allowed to
exchange a base for a base.
Good Luck, Commander!
06-07-15 at 01:53
|-For more scenarios from the GotM team, or to comment or contact the authors, go here.