View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Forgotten Civilizations: The Tibetans

Egypt. Greece. Rome.

Everyone knows about the great civilizations of antiquity. Everyone knows a little about mummies, philosophers and gladiators. Most people can recognize the Pyramids, the Parthenon and the Colosseum.

These civilizations and other major cultures like them are depicted time and time again on cable television, in motion pictures and popular history literature, and even in history-themed strategy games like the Civilization series.

But

Updated 13-02-13 at 00:22 by Alexander

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Forgotten Civilizations: The Bactrians

Egypt. Greece. Rome.

Everyone knows about the great civilizations of antiquity. Everyone knows a little about mummies, philosophers and gladiators. Most people can recognize the Pyramids, the Parthenon and the Colosseum.

These civilizations and other major cultures like them are depicted time and time again on cable television, in motion pictures and popular history literature, and even in history-themed strategy games like the Civilization series.

But

Updated 04-02-13 at 20:58 by Alexander

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Forgotten Civilizations: The Sabaeans

Egypt. Greece. Rome.

But

Updated 09-02-13 at 04:49 by Alexander

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Creating a SMAC(X) Faction Logo

As before, I’ll be giving details of which buttons I pushed in GIMP - for instructional purposes, it seems to be the best choice for a powerful graphics program available for free to all…

So, for the SMACivilization SpaceMayans (the Astral Jaguar Cult) faction logo, I chose this shot out of several Alexander had posted:

It was perfect for our needs and wouldn’t be difficult ...
  5. A Workaround For The AC Palette Problem in GIMP

Transparent Colors, the AC Palette Problem in GIMP and a Transparent Layer workaround

To my monolithic dismay, since I got back into the graphics modding saddle recently, finding myself confined to GIMP for the moment, along with changes in the Windows 7 version of Paint and my own rustiness have left me a major learning curve I really didn’t expect. I never thought I’d have to figure out yet another way to do scanlines at my level of experience.

I certainly was shocked ...
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast